Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah, a ward token. Of course. Hey, Freckles, you can carry it. Imagine, the Rilithorne might have touched it with his very own hands," says Keldar. "As for an advance, well, it depends how quickly you expect us to get to Grenton and back. Horses don't come cheap. And as I said a moment ago, there are consumables, comestibles and combustibles. One needs to be prepared for eventualities, particularly where kobolds are involved. We do eat, drink and shelter for free at the Red Dragon, of course, so our meals are an added expense which we would not normally incur. For myself, little more than eighty crowns would be required."

EternalSword

First Post
OOC: /eyeroll @ Keldar

"Well, if the advance was coming out of my pocket I'd try to talk you down. But it's not, and it you'd be getting the money when you get back anyway, so here."

Arngrim hands Keldar eight platinum Dragons.

"Any other questions or requests for advances?"

Solnath

First Post
"I'm fine at least, as long as I get a chance to purchase some food supplies," Sammy says as she goes through her backpack with her left hand. "Though I'm interested to know who this Rilithorne is."

Trouvere

Explorer
EternalSword said:
OOC: /eyeroll @ Keldar

"Well, if the advance was coming out of my pocket I'd try to talk you down. But it's not, and it you'd be getting the money when you get back anyway, so here."

Arngrim hands Keldar eight platinum Dragons.

"Any other questions or requests for advances?"
"Thank you, sir. Now I can do my humble best for Rilithorne and you," says Keldar. He stands. "I do not think I have any more questions, and I trust my colleagues to ask any that I may have forgotten," he says, "so I will take my leave of you, sir, and quickly make some purchases. Friends, I will see you in the courtyard by the Dragon in... an hour?"

OOC - Keldar intends to purchase a few standard items from the SRD. I don't think I need to RP any of it, but I'll run the list past you if you like, ES

EternalSword

First Post
Arngrim looks over at Sammy. "Well, he's one of the greatest wizards alive, at least of the ones I know of. Spends most of his time doing research or making things for clients to fund his research." He looks over to Tommy. "Well, since you're such a big fan of his, I might as well tell you something. Rilithorne and Thyrin are on the verge of inventing a whole new type of summoning spell at the moment. It's not remotely useful as anything but a curiousity or research tool at the moment though and the methodology currently only works with the least powerful summons right now. No, I can't cast it. I don't know the proper formula and I couldn't demonstrate it safely here, anyway. The magicks controlling are incredibly unstable without amplification equipment in place."

Last edited:

EternalSword

First Post
OOC @ Trouvere: I can't think of any SRD items that would need to be RP'd for that price. Unless you're buying poison anyway. I would like the list, just so I don't have any suprises coming.

Solnath

First Post
Sammy listens carefully and nods, "He sounds like a fascinating person, maybe I'll meet him someday myself." With an expectant smile she turns to Keldar's general direction. "Mister Keldar, could you please purchase me two days worth of trail rations and feed for Bubbles, my horse." Her hand vanishing deeper into the backpack, she rummages for a while before pulling out two Crowns. "I'm not sure about the fees of this town, but this should be enough."

With a heart-warming smile, she adds, "Thank you!"

[sblock=OOC]Prince Keldar of Dasnia?[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy Worthallingham

To Keldar: "I take it, then, that you are Keldar Warbray? I'd prefer that you refrain from making light of my freckles, Mister Warbray. My friends call me Tommy, and I hope you'll be one of them. Anyone capable of such philanthropy as yours is worth knowing, I think. At any rate, I would be happy to carry Rilithorne's wardstone."

To Sammy: "I can vouch for Rilithorne being a well known wizard, though I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say one of the greatest in the world. No offense," Tommy shoots an apologetic look at Arngrim. "His theories are influential, but I think he is better known for his research and crafting of magical items than the kind of direct violence that leads to a reputation for power. "

To Arngrim: "I, too, would more easily be able to ready myself for the journey if you would see fit to advance me the cost of a horse. I believe they can usually be obtained for around 75 crowns hereabouts?"

EternalSword

First Post
"Well, here is the money for a horse, Tommy." Arngrim hands Tommy 7 dragons and 5 crowns. "And as for the greatest, though a place can be conquered many times, a method of magic can be discovered but once."

Solnath

First Post
EternalSword said:
"Well, here is the money for a horse, Tommy." Arngrim hands Tommy 7 dragons and 5 crowns. "And as for the greatest, though a place can be conquered many times, a method of magic can be discovered but once."

Upon hearing this Sammy giggles and intervenes, "Unless the method is forgotten afterwards."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases