Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
"Right. The money I owe. Forgot about all that. When we get back into Orussus, thief. You gave me something to drink that made me feel much better; when we get back, no doubt you'll spend your share on something that you'll drink and make you feel worse."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar sends a wink in Rapture's direction.

"It's lucky I'm here to be the brains, memory and conscience of the party, then," he says. "Of course I'm not going to drink away the pay! I only drink when I'm sad and defeated, so - hardly ever. No, it usually wouldn't matter, Galwynn. I'd let you have my trousers - the porridgey ones, and my - second best - dagger, if you needed them. But I think I'm going to need every penny I can scrape together next week. I need to get Tarag to make me, uh, some more of granny's toothpicks."

"But anyway, it's not so much about the money as about the life-debt, isn't it?" he adds mercilessly.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"My dear lad, of course you can look through my spells! It's always a pleasure, seeing a young man full of enthusiasm for the arcane, it fills my old heart with renewed vigor. I'll even go over the spells with you, it might help jog my broken memory. Ah, alright, then, this should do it." With that, Thyrin slams his spellbook shut and heads up the stairs, chattering along the way about foolish bandits, thinking they can break his defenses, but no no no! they were too good even for their creator! And so on. He's clearly happy to have someone to chat with.

At the top floor, he places his finger on the stone to the right of the saferoom door. A glowing rune appears where his finger traces, and the stone disappears to reveal a complex contraption of gears, bars, and levers. The gears are moving against each other and resetting with a soft *click* every second or so. Thyrin chants something under his breath and points at the device.

[sblock=DC 18 Spellcraft: ]Thyrin just cast dispel magic.[/sblock]
The gears stop. And then slowly begin to turn again, now in synchronization. In an instant, Cassandra is by Thyrin's side. He grins at her, and then turns to you all. "Well, that was easy enough! It'll take me a few days to do all the enchanting, on top of fixing all these devices and catching up on lost time. I fear my discussions with the water elementals will have to wait, but that gives me more time to work on the material plane, I suppose. Rilithorne is expecting those notes, so please, deliver them and return when you can. Tommy, I'll go over the spells with you when you get back. I can't tell you all enough how much I appreciate what you did for me. Thank you. Now get going!"

[sblock=OOC: ]covaithe: Hey, no problem. Makes perfect sense. Thyrin's reason for offering to craft was so his out of pocket expense wasn't as much. Copying spells from his book is even cheaper, since it doesn't actually cost him any money. Thyrin will charge Tommy the standard amount for each spell and provide spell scribing materials. He's also willing to scribe scrolls. All this will be deducted from Tommy's 3000gp allotment. In other words, you have 1500gp, and a one time offer on spells, spellbook scribing, and scrolls at half price. (SRD Link)

Thyrin has many scrolls archived away in his library, in addition to spells in his spellbooks. Make a list of the spells Tommy wishes to scribe, in order of priority, and I'll tell you which ones Thyrin has.

-----------------------------

XP Awards:

For defeating the final guardians, freeing Thyrin, and being awesome roleplayers, everybody receives:

1650 + 350 = 2000 XP

This should put you all well into L3. So you also each receive:

6 * 150 = 900 XP

For 6 months real time.

-----------------------------

Just because you've received your XP doesn't mean we're quite finished! You still have the notes to deliver (which will result in an extra 100 XP per person, for adventure completion) and then your rewards to pick up (which, actually, you don't have to do... ;) ) So let's wrap this thing up![/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=OOC:Rae]Yes, but you get the balance for picking up an abandoned adventure as far as I know (It's about the only reward we get as a judge, since it's actualy extra work in most cases. Is KO still judging your other adventure?). That should put you at 6, since this started early June. You're free to take only 5 if you want though.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=OOC: Rae & RA]Ok, then you're due 4 :)

I had always thought you did. You didn't in your case RA because you were a player.[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
Rapture takes the notes and tucks them safely away. "We'll do that and return quickly m'lord."

OOC: Yay! 3rd Level! Oh, what feat to take now...

Wik

First Post
"Life debt? Life Debt? Don't push me, thief." Galwynn grumbles good-naturedly. "Let's return to Orussus, and get this over with."

OOC: Level three! And almost level 4! (something like 400 to go!)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: if you finally beat up Keldar, it might put you over the top!

"Farewell for now, Thyrin, Cassandra," says Keldar. Since the old man started it, he leans in and kisses Thyrin on each cheek. "Stay safe. Don't forget about the fire elemental or several in your bedroom! Do keep Cassandra informed as to any changes you make around here. And why not pop in to Grenton and say hello now and then? The townsfolk seem quite used to your strange lights and smells. I think in a strange way they're proud to have you nearby. Well... until next week!"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases