Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: a fast fire elemental is very likely to go before any of us (except Keldar), unless we somehow surprise it, so I doubt any plan or order really matters. Would be nice to use Keldar's +7 initiative some day, though!

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"And there was the one that hit you downstairs, Galwynn," continues Keldar.

"Well, if you won't let me go second, Rapture, then I wasted my money on these javelins. Give me a moment, and I'll strap them to my pack." Keldar rearranges, and draws morningstar and dagger, and prepares to go third. "No further back than this, though. I won't hear of anything else."
"Why, can't you throw them that far? Or do you know know how to handle your Javelins?" Rapture asks.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn rolls his eyes at Rapture's comment, and mumbles something about "Unbecoming conduct for a paladin", and then spits on Thyrin's floor without thinking.

As the group moves, Galwynn will throw glances over his shoulder, and every now and then say to himself "I hope you're enjoying yourself, goddess."

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Galwynn rolls his eyes at Rapture's comment, and mumbles something about "Unbecoming conduct for a paladin", and then spits on Thyrin's floor without thinking.
Keldar seems to agree. "It's not fair. I promised I'd be good," he says. He grits his teeth. Two steps up, he mutters in a gabble to himself, "Can go the distance, but too long for a tight place." He relaxes. "Oh, that's better."

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: For the record, Tommy wrote Resist Energy into his spellbook, even though he can't cast it just yet.

"Thyrin's tower seem unnaturally quiet today. Well, quiet for when we're around, anyway."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for the absence, hectic week. Ever onward!

The tower is indeed unusually quiet. It's strange, after turning every corner and meeting another elemental guardian, to find each room silent, motionless, and most notably, foeless. The furnace burns as hot as ever, uncomfortably so. The third floor seems much smaller with the door at the end of the hall still closed. You arrange yourselves and prepare for the coming battle.

Tarag heads up the stairs first, followed by Rapture and the others. He has his holy symbol raised. He rounds the curve of the stairs and is greeted by the sight of a large library. About halfway into the tower is a wall, splitting the tower in half. Against the wall is a flight of stairs, and underneath the stairs is a fortified door. The door's hinges look to be melted.

Blocking the view of this scene, however, is a man-sized fire elemental, wielding a flaming sword. It comes at you.

Combat begins at 9:00:00 AM
Initiative:

Keldar <--
Rapture
Fire Guardian
Tarag
Tommy
Galwynn

OOC: No time for a map right now. Assume that the first 3 people have line of sight to the fire elemental.

Wik

First Post
"What is it? Dammit, I can't see anything!" Galwynn growls.

He'll keep looking forward, and try to squeeze by if at all possible. But really, there's very little he can do.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar watches as the elemental bears down on them, hoping against hope that Tarag has time to call on Chennet'. It seems like a close run thing. "Go, go, go," he urges.

OOC: I'm very map-dependent. If it looks as though we'd all get hemmed in once the elemental moves to engage, then Keldar will move forward off the stairs, ideally off to one side, not directly between Tarag and the enemy, and go total defense for AC 19 this round. Otherwise, he'll just delay until after Tarag and perhaps after Rapture too.

Edit: it's probably 30' of move just to enter the square Tarag is currently in, isn't it? Ah, forget it. I'll just delay. See, I told you Keldar should have gone first.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases