Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Thyrin smiles at everybody. "Oh, I think you'll be surprised at what magic is capable of, my young friend. Rilithorne will be wanting to hear of your success or failure as soon as possible... I know I put a scroll of sending in here... Ah! Here it is. Oh, and I need to see Cassandra. Come, come, we'll walk and talk." He goes downstairs and greets Cassandra at the door. She sparks with relief. Thyrin thinks for a minute and then sends a short message to Rilithorne, "Thyrin here. Am fine. Five brave fellows saved me. Two intruders tampered with security, both exterminated. Experiments continue unaffected. Notes en route shortly. Be well." Moments after, Thyrin cocks his head and listens to the air, smiles, and then nods. "Very good, I need to get to work. Please, come, I'll work and talk." He looks at his spellbook and thinks about what spells to prepare as he discusses your rewards with you.

OOC: Multiple items are fine, just not a dozen mundane MW items.

Wik

First Post
"I'm tired of being beaten and pummelled by, well... everything. I believe I need a suit of armour..." Galwynn muses, before remembering to quickly thank Thyrin for his offer.

OOC: I'm thinking a suit of full plate, +1 bonus (2,650 GP). I'm thinking it'd be pretty cool to have the armour set up, fairly tarnished in appearance (befitting Galwynn's run-down look), though covered with etchings of Halina and icons of the sun, wolves, children, and wheat.

As for the remaining 350 GP, Galwynn will ask for a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (if possible).

He willl take whatever GP remains and say "I think I would be happy if at least some of my reward were to go to the people of this small community - perhaps you could use time that you would spend on me to enhance their lives somehow with your spells? Maybe even just a light in the town square?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar makes himself at home. In the kitchen, he soaks his increasingly rumpled priest's robes in water. He takes off his armour and shirt, and wraps the damp cloth around himself to soothe his burns. Then he lies on his front on a couch, with a book purloined from Thyrin's ground floor library. Of course, it is one of Sir Raynedil's adventures. Now and then he snorts.

Solange

First Post
Rapture will ask for a magical sword, and a nice protective cloak, and will offer any money from her pay towards the difference.

OOC: +1 Bastard Sword, and Cloak of Resistance +1, that should be 3335 total, she'll take the difference out of her pay. She'd love a Darkwood Heavy Shield +1, but that would be an extra 257, and I don't know if she'll be getting paid that much. If that's not a problem, she'll request that instead.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: It's kind of funny how Galwynn (offensive focus) is building up on his AC, while Rapture (more of a defensive Paladin) is building on a magical weapon.

Methinks we'll hit Equilibrium, you and I.

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag, along with the others, thanks Thyrin profusely for his generosity. His mind is already turning over possibilities as he says to his companions, "Although I cannot yet enchant items, you know that I would happily forge fine weapons and armour for you. If you are having difficulty deciding between one boon and another, keep that in mind."

"For my part, it is a matter of pride to me that I craft my own armour and weapons. But I have heard of a magical backpack which holds far more than its external dimensions would suggest, with no increase in weight. What's more, the person using it has only to think of an item and it is presented to him. Such an artifact would, I think, be very useful indeed in the heat of battle."

"This is what I would ask for, good Thyrin. And, if that is not too ambitious, a cloak such as Rapture mentioned might keep me from being fried next time I come to visit."

He chuckles to show that he's not serious (about the frying bit).

[sblock=OOC]So that's a Handy Haversack (2000 gp) and a Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000 gp). :) [/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Hm hm hm..." Thyrin hums as he pores over his book. "A suit of armor, a fine choice. A set of full plate, I think, yes... Easy enough. I'm sure you'll want to dedicate the work to your goddess, I have some books on the shelf over there on the deities, find the one on Halina, would you?" He waves absentmindedly at the bookshelf.

"And for you, milady, a weapon like the one you already have but enchanted, and a cloak of resistance, very appropriate, and you'll provide 167 crowns and 5 shields to cover the extra costs. A shield though, I'm afraid that'll be a bit much, unless you can cover the additional 628 and a half gold pieces, bringing your total to 796 crowns. If you can pay it...? Ah, my unseen servant will come in handy today..." Did he just do all that math in his head?

"Master dwarf, you are spot on! Not a penny over or under, very good. A haversack of holding and a cloak of resistance for you."

He goes on reading, muttering to himself, and then, "And you, young men? Tell me your hearts' desires."

[sblock=OOC: ]Darkwood Shield Math:
7, Heavy Wooden Shield (base)
+150, MW
+100, Darkwood (10lbs * 10gp)
+1000, +1 enchantment
=1257 / 2 = 628.5gp[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Galwynn reaches over and grabs a few books on Halina. Flipping through one, though, he looks a little flummoxed.

"this book is all wrong! It says that followers of Halina are pacifists who believe violence is purely destructive! It says nothing of those who take up the sword to defend peace!" He hands several books to Thyrin absently, but keeps the book in his hand.

Flipping through the pages, every few minutes he grunts in disgust, muttering about "oversimplified rubbish!" It's probably the first time he's read a book in three years.

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
He goes on reading, muttering to himself, and then, "And you, young men? Tell me your hearts' desires."
"Eh, what?" says Keldar guiltily, his eyes flicking to another member of the party. "Oh. Well, what Tarag said. A magical container that holds more than it seems - but in my case, for arrows and the like. And there's something else. See, in this Adventure of Sir Raynedil I've been reading, the real hero, I think, is this rather roguish chap, Bazdek Quickfoot. Take a read of this page here. I want to be able to do that. Could I do that?"[sblock=DM Rae]Efficient quiver, Hand of the mage, 2700 gp. Remainder in gems, please.[/sblock]
Wik said:
Galwynn reaches over and grabs a few books on Halina. Flipping through one, though, he looks a little flummoxed.

"This book is all wrong! It says that followers of Halina are pacifists who believe violence is purely destructive! It says nothing of those who take up the sword to defend peace!" He hands several books to Thyrin absently, but keeps the book in his hand.
"Sounds to me like you've gone sadly awry, Galwynn," says Keldar.

Remove ads