Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar looks at the others with varying degrees of concern and confusion.

"Tarag, I think it's very important that first thing in the morning, you pray for more healing power. I think several of you are delirious from loss of blood. Not your usual sensible selves at all. I, fortunately, am unaltered in that respect."

Solange

First Post
Rapture just rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "Sammy felt that this was not the life for her, and we recruited Tarag to replace her m'lord. He was quite helpful, as there were numerous elementals about, and Sammy would have been nearly helpless. A few of us suffered near fatal wounds as we went up the tower, as there were several elementals loose that attacked us. We would be dead without Tarag's assistance."

OOC: Rapture tries to calm down Arngrim about Tarag and persuade him of the hardship of the tower. (1d20+13=16)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
After Tarag speaks, Arngrim's eyes go wide, and then he realizes the dwarf is joking.

When Galwynn talks, Arngrim just stares blankly. He coughs uncomfortably in the silence after Galwynn's little quips.

Keldar and Rapture then speak, and Arngrim says, "Uh, right. Doesn't matter, 'slong as it's the same number o' people that I hired. You got the notes, right? And it sounds like you had some trouble, eh... well, we'll have to compensate you for your efforts, let me get your wages. Bring those notes out up here." He slaps the desk twice and then stands, walking over to one of the paintings. He swings it open like a door, revealing a metal safe behind it, embedded in the stone wall. Bringing out a key, Arngrim opens the safe and pulls out a leather bag with a red ribbon tied around it. He closes and locks the safe, closes the painting, and returns to his seat.

He dumps the contents of the sack on the desk. Platinum coins litter the surface. "I promised you two hundred each, but Master Rilithorne tells me you did more than just get the notes, so there's a bonus in there for each of you." He takes the presented notes on the aether and flips through them. After a moment, he says, "Utter nonsense. I don't understand a word. Oh, and I didn't forget about your advances," he adds with a look at Keldar and Tommy.

After adding it all up and splitting it, you each get 50pp, minus your advance.

"Alright, that's it. Master Rilithorne thanks you for a job well done, and saving Master Thyrin. I'll be sure to think of you lot if we need some muscle again." With a nod, you are dismissed.

It's still cloudy and drizzling out, and now it's night time. The Red Dragon Inn is free, and awfully close. Tomorrow you can set out for Thyrin's again.

EDIT: OOC: Oh yeah, I forgot your 100 extra XP for turning in the notes. So yes, 100 XP to each of you.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"Muscle!?" sputters Keldar when they're safely outside. "We're... we're skilled adepts of our crafts and... favoured of the gods. I think I ought to be offended."

Wik

First Post
"As you should be! You're definately not muscle, thief! Anything but!" Galwynn says, without breaking a smile.

He seems in a good mood, though how long it'll last is anyone's guess.

Wik

First Post
"Yeah. The Inn. I'll see you there. We leave at first light, though - so keep it easy on the drinking and romancing."

Trouvere

Explorer
"I've learned not to mix drinking and romancing," Keldar says. "What do you mean, you'll see me there? You're not trying to get rid of me, are you? No chance of that!"

covaithe

Explorer
"I'm going back to Thyrin's tower for a couple of days. I need to finish scribing the spells he is teaching me. But I'll be back to the Red Dragon soon, and I'll see you all then." Tommy says.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases