W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake grins boyishly and says, "Ja, cookins ist goot, er, uh, i mean i could use some healink, ja, ja"

Wik

First Post
Hukk leads the group to a temple of Halina, wedged in between two derelict warehouses. The temple is only two storeys high, made of simple stone with a few patterned stained-glass window letting in just a touch of light.

Hukk pushes open the oak door easily, and steps inside as if he does this everyday. In fact, the priestesses of Halina (the "Temple moms"?) are not much surprised to see him. A few of them smile behind their hands, until they see you arrived.

"They got hurt rescuing me from some 'lilies", Hukk says, by way of explanation. "Verra, I think they need some healing. Can I watch?"

One of the temple moms steps forward. A fairly beautiful woman in her forties, her face wears her age proudly, with a few wrinkles at her eyes and laugh lines that crease her face. She steps forward, and looks at Hukk admonishingly.

"Hukk. You didn't just find some hurt travelers and bring them here so you could watch, did you?"

"No, ma'am, I swear! They were helping me!"

"Very well." She steps forward, and extends her hand. "Any friend of this little rat is a friend of the temple. You helped Hukk? He's always getting into trouble. I am Verra, the head priestess of Halina's house in Orussus. You are welcome here."

She smiles at the group of you, and then frowns as if just realizing something. "You are... searching for someone?" she pauses, thinking. "Oh no. It's Tomas, isn't it? You are searching for Tomas?"

Worry is plainly seen on her face.

BigB

First Post
Cepheus noting the fear plainly on her face tries to comfort her....Yes maam, we are searching for Thomas to ensure his safety. It seems the lillies and another group have interest in him and we hope to help him to safety before they get to him. Can you aid us in our search?

Corwyn

First Post
"Indeed his mother is quite anxious to see him back in one peace. That is unless she is a good actress and not his mother the woman who asked us to look for Thomas looks like this..." and Aiken gives a description of the woman at the RDI. "Is that her? Do you know her Hukk?"

Wik

First Post
Verra regards Solange intently. "A follower of Zephos! It is a pleasure to meet you, my dear, as it is always a pleasure to meet one of the cloth - especially one that counterbalances Halina so nicely."

While Verra speaks, a few acolytes thread between the party, gently laying on hands and using warm cloths to soak away blood and grit.

Verra turns towards Aiken and Cepheus. "Tomas is a nice boy, and while his actions in leading his 'gang' sometimes go against the law of Orussus, he looks after those children, and for that, he will always have a place in my heart. As for his mother... she is Tomas' mother, and an overworked one, at that! I know Halina feels sad for Marissa, as she does for all single mothers..."

She shakes her head, lost in throught for a moment.

"I know something is wrong. I have a bad feeling that I cannot shake. But exactly what can be done, and where Tomas is to be seen, I do not know. I believe they may be in their 'secret lair' - Hukk never did tell me where it was."

"I can show 'em" Hukk mumbles from a few feet away, his mouth full of cookies.

"Chew with your mouth closed." Verra admonishes, half-heartedly. "Other options? I don't know. Although, the Blacklilies that Hukk speaks of seem a possible source of information... in fact, one came by earlier today, asking about Hukk and Tomas. Said he was a long-lost father, but I knew better. I gave him a false lead outside of the city."

Verra smiles.

"Whatever you do, you will need more resources. Lady Zephos, I have a wand of healing for you, on loan from the church of Halina. Use it as necessary, but I expect it back after Tomas has been found. And I may have some other aid to give you, as well..."

OOC: Everyone make Diplomacy checks. Everyone is fully healed, thanks to the Halina priestesses. Finally, Solange - it's a 1st level wand of cure light wounds, and has 30 charges.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
diplomacy chec, no mods (1d20=16)

pendrake winces at the touch of the warm cloth to his cut along the ribs, but he none the less remains as still as possible. the clensing process seems like fire erupting on his side but it is soon extinguished by the healing magics whice brings a sigh of welcomed relief.

"donka frau, ist goot." looking to the head temple 'mom' he says, ' ist veer, vee do search fur tomas" and when released he nonchalatly saunters over to where the cookies are and partakes of the bount of treats.

Remove ads