W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Wik

First Post
Marissa continues sobbing. "Where... where do you think he might be? The only places I can think to start are the Merchant's Avenue, or maybe asking around for his friend Hukk. I don't even know if he HAS any other friends... maybe, though. I... just don't know."

In any case, the money (sixty three golden crowns and a few silver coins as well), lies in front of her, yours for the taking.

Corwyn

First Post
"Don't worry Miss. we'll find Thomas" says Aiken as he smiles reassuringly.

Turning to the group "Shall we head out to the Merchant's Avenue and try to find a trace of Thomas and some of his friends?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Looking to the distraut mother, Pendrake says, "vee coolet zat ven ve fint your chilt."

Then he gets a thought..."Vat is the descrpton of tomas und huck? Vat do zey look like? Vat clothink und such?"

BigB

First Post
Cepheus looks at the small pile of coins and smiles to Marissa. You may keep my share, I think it would do the msot good that way. Perhaps we should start at Merchants ave. I have heard also that some creatures have been meeting with shady looking humans in alleys. If we could witness one of these meetings perhaps we could convince one of these individuals to point us in the right direction or rule them out as a cause for the boys dissappearance. Perhaps one of my customers may know more as well.

Before they depart Cepheus will talk to Solange aside. In case of emergency I have a scroll of healing in my pack. I want you to know because I believe you are the only one able to use it.

[sblock=ooc Wik] If possible on the way to investigate Cepheus will attempt a gather info check with his contacts in the city. gather info check=20 Must be his lucky day, I have not had 2 rolls in a row this high probably ever. His next rolls for a month will probably be <3 :heh: [/sblock]

EternalSword

First Post
Once the group is out the door and away from Marissa, Auric says "I'm not going to be that much use getting us started on a lead, but starting in the Merchants Avenue sounds like a good idea.

Wik

First Post
OOC: I forgot to mention this earlier. All spellcasters should make their list of spells right now. Really, that's just Solange, but it's worth mentioning.

Merchant's Avenue is as chaotic as always, if not moreso. A few entertainers on stilts weave through the crowds, juggling. Merchants cry out their wares: "Hats! We've got Hats!" and the omnipresent "Freeeeeessssh Fiiiiiiish!".

Still early morning, there is something of a chill on the street, and most of the shoppers have shawls wrapped about their shoulders. Little clouds of condensation escape your mouths as you weave about the groups of people.

Strangely, there are precious few children on the street...

Both Solange and Cepheus spread out to speak to their contacts.

Solange goes to speak to the cheap jewelry merchant she saw last week. The stall has obviously moved down about five impromptu shacks. She doesn't even recognize Solange. "Hey there, madame... you are so PRETTY... but it's a shame no one can see your LOVELY eyes... I have the PERFECT earrings to bring out your eyes..." she begins to rummage through her goods. "HERE they are! There, aren't they GORGEOUS? Only five silvers!"

Cepheus hits his contacts, and is amazed that most of them are home... and in tune with the goings-on of Merchant's Avenue.

An old wine vendor shakes his head. "Can't say I've seen Tomas is the last few days - I saw him three days ago, with that pack of kids he presides over... like a KING! But haven't seen him since. Place has been a lot quieter than usual."

A fellow gnome, a bookseller named Tobias, patters around as Cepheus speaks to him. "Tomas? Haint seen 'im. But that Hukk lad! Yer the second person to aks about 'im. Last group were about four strong. Kep' aksing if I sawr 'im, but I know better than to sell the scamp out to folks like 'em. Told 'em I haint seen 'im. I saw him a few hours early, near Grend's shack."

Going to Grend's, you speak to one Mr. Grend - a half-orc weaponseller. "Hukk? Always dropping by with that fair-haired kid.... Tomas? Whatever." he shrugs.

"But, yeah, he was here an hour ago. Asking if I'd seen Tomas, which I haven't, oddly enough. Kid was acting funny - didn't even try to steal one of my daggers! Whatever. Anyways, I sent him off, and he started heading towards the docks."

A few more questions from an old friend of Cepheus' - an armor-maker - confirms that people have been asking about Hukk. "Four of 'em... Quentin, Frezz, Amella, and Porter. Stay away from 'em, Ceph... they're Blacklilies, all of 'em."

[sblock=Knowledge (Local) DC 15]The Blacklilies are an underground thieves' organization that specialize in dockyard hijackings. It is said that they run a fair chunk of Orrusus' underworld.[/sblock]

As above, but the PCs learn that some people - four of them - have been asking around about Hukk (which means the PCs are less likely to be surprised).

Corwyn

First Post
Aiken will use his [sblock=gather info] check mod +6. He'll ask his contacts and the standard street people (hussies,pedlars and beggers) [/sblock] to try and find out where Hukk went in the docks and keep a look out for the blacklilies.

As he hears the news the rest bring he mentions to his new companions "It seems we have stumbled into some murkier waters then we suspected"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases