Seeking dry erase board with one-inch grid - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    Registered User


    maddman75's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,340

    Ignore maddman75
    This is what I do.

    Go down to Wal Mart or wherever and get a 24" x 36" poster frame. Should cost about $10. Take out the paper insert that it comes with and turn it over. Using a yardstick, draw your 1" grid with a light pencil. Put the paper back into the poster from and there you go. Cheap, large, and durable. And if something happens to it, it only costs $10 to replace.

 

  • #12
    blargney the minute's son COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    blargney the second's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    6,847

    Ignore blargney the second
    I third the easel pad nomination. We also picked up a handful of colourful Crayola markers to go with it. Being able to prep several re-usable maps in advance is awesome.
    Red Hot Swing
    "In Inspired Sarlona, nightmares have you!" -Klaus

  • #13
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pbartender's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    The Suburban Frontier of Chicago
    Posts
    6,364

    Ignore Pbartender
    Cheap Tact-Tile alternative...

    Print out a one-inch grid on 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets of overhead projector transparencies. Three hole punch them and keep them in a binder.
    The Pbartender

  • #14
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Wolfspider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    McKenzie, TN
    Posts
    2,482

    Ignore Wolfspider
    Quote Originally Posted by maddman75
    This is what I do.

    Go down to Wal Mart or wherever and get a 24" x 36" poster frame. Should cost about $10. Take out the paper insert that it comes with and turn it over. Using a yardstick, draw your 1" grid with a light pencil. Put the paper back into the poster from and there you go. Cheap, large, and durable. And if something happens to it, it only costs $10 to replace.
    Brilliant!

    *lighbulb goes on*

    Or I could buy one of those easal pads that are gridded and 24x37 and stick one of the sheets in there!

    Yay!
    Wolfspider

    Founder of BADD - Bothered About Disposable Dragons

    "Provide evidence of this claim, or retract it because it's a dishonest statement." -- Mourn, laying down the law

    "The sins of the previous edition don't excuse the sins of the next." -- Kamikaze Midget, giving words to my thoughts

  • #15
    You can use an acrylic cover like this to also use blown up maps, detailed tiles, or PDF maps without messing them up. If these don't come with a grid, you can add one to the underside of the acrylic sheet.
    10th level Cleric, 10th level War Priest, 5th level Dwarven Knight of the Holy Mug.

    "Heroes never die."

  • #16
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Nareau's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    28701
    Posts
    869
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Nareau
    There was a similar thread over on CM. Here's what I found and posted over there:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Universe
    2. Acquiring a gridded dry-erase "white board" to use as a table surface. Easy to use, but I have no idea where I would acquire such a thing...especially not one with 1" squares or hexes.
    You would acquire one here. You could get one elsewhere, but it looks like other comparable things are $500-800.

    Nareau

    Edit: You might also check out these. I'm not sure how "subtle" the grid is, or how large the spaces are, though.

  • #17
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Wolfspider's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    McKenzie, TN
    Posts
    2,482

    Ignore Wolfspider
    Quote Originally Posted by Nareau
    There was a similar thread over on CM. Here's what I found and posted over there:



    You would acquire one here. You could get one elsewhere, but it looks like other comparable things are $500-800.

    Nareau

    Edit: You might also check out these. I'm not sure how "subtle" the grid is, or how large the spaces are, though.

    Awesome! My options overfloweth!
    Wolfspider

    Founder of BADD - Bothered About Disposable Dragons

    "Provide evidence of this claim, or retract it because it's a dishonest statement." -- Mourn, laying down the law

    "The sins of the previous edition don't excuse the sins of the next." -- Kamikaze Midget, giving words to my thoughts

  • #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondor_Battlehammer
    You can use an acrylic cover like this to also use blown up maps, detailed tiles, or PDF maps without messing them up. If these don't come with a grid, you can add one to the underside of the acrylic sheet.
    Yep, a sheet of plexi/acrylic is used by all sorts of wargamers who play game that come w/out mounted maps.

  • #19
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    thalmin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Posts
    3,122

    Ignore thalmin
    I picked up a magnetic dry-erase board at Costco for about $20. While it didn't have a lined grid it did have a dot every inch (think of the dots at the corners of the square.) This board came with several markers, eraser, and bottle of cleaner. This board replaced my MegaMat about 2 years ago.
    I just found the manufacturer's site.
    Last edited by thalmin; Monday, 18th June, 2007 at 07:38 PM.
    Curt

    Games Plus
    Mt. Prospect, IL

    Support your FLGS

  • #20
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    jeffh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    1,322

    Ignore jeffh
    Quote Originally Posted by thalmin
    I picked up a magnetic dry-erase board at Costco for about $20. While it didn't have a lined grid it did have a dot every inch (think of the dots at the corners of the square.) This board came with several markers, eraser, and bottle of cleaner. This board replaced my MegaMat about 2 years ago.
    How big is that board?
    Jeff Heikkinen

    Now in initial playtesting, the Fantasy Infinity project!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 29
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th July, 2008, 03:42 AM
    2. Grid Board?
      By SpydersWebbing in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: Tuesday, 24th June, 2008, 07:42 AM
    3. Whiteboard (Dry erase board)- How do you use it for your games?
      By reveal in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Monday, 20th June, 2005, 03:23 PM
    4. battlemat: square grid vs. hex grid
      By atom crash in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Tuesday, 21st September, 2004, 07:27 AM
    5. One inch Grid
      By Salad_Shooter in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Friday, 6th February, 2004, 12:55 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •