Seeking dry erase board with one-inch grid

maddman75

First Post
This is what I do.

Go down to Wal Mart or wherever and get a 24" x 36" poster frame. Should cost about $10. Take out the paper insert that it comes with and turn it over. Using a yardstick, draw your 1" grid with a light pencil. Put the paper back into the poster from and there you go. Cheap, large, and durable. And if something happens to it, it only costs $10 to replace.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I third the easel pad nomination. We also picked up a handful of colourful Crayola markers to go with it. Being able to prep several re-usable maps in advance is awesome.

Pbartender

First Post
Cheap Tact-Tile alternative...

Print out a one-inch grid on 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets of overhead projector transparencies. Three hole punch them and keep them in a binder.

Wolfspider

Explorer
maddman75 said:
This is what I do.

Go down to Wal Mart or wherever and get a 24" x 36" poster frame. Should cost about $10. Take out the paper insert that it comes with and turn it over. Using a yardstick, draw your 1" grid with a light pencil. Put the paper back into the poster from and there you go. Cheap, large, and durable. And if something happens to it, it only costs $10 to replace.

Brilliant!

*lighbulb goes on*

Or I could buy one of those easal pads that are gridded and 24x37 and stick one of the sheets in there!

Yay!

You can use an acrylic cover like this to also use blown up maps, detailed tiles, or PDF maps without messing them up. If these don't come with a grid, you can add one to the underside of the acrylic sheet.

Nareau

Explorer
There was a similar thread over on CM. Here's what I found and posted over there:

The Universe said:
2. Acquiring a gridded dry-erase "white board" to use as a table surface. Easy to use, but I have no idea where I would acquire such a thing...especially not one with 1" squares or hexes.

You would acquire one here. You could get one elsewhere, but it looks like other comparable things are $500-800.

Nareau

Edit: You might also check out these. I'm not sure how "subtle" the grid is, or how large the spaces are, though.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Jondor_Battlehammer said:
You can use an acrylic cover like this to also use blown up maps, detailed tiles, or PDF maps without messing them up. If these don't come with a grid, you can add one to the underside of the acrylic sheet.
Yep, a sheet of plexi/acrylic is used by all sorts of wargamers who play game that come w/out mounted maps.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I picked up a magnetic dry-erase board at Costco for about $20. While it didn't have a lined grid it did have a dot every inch (think of the dots at the corners of the square.) This board came with several markers, eraser, and bottle of cleaner. This board replaced my MegaMat about 2 years ago.
I just found the manufacturer's site.

Last edited:

jeffh

Adventurer
thalmin said:
I picked up a magnetic dry-erase board at Costco for about $20. While it didn't have a lined grid it did have a dot every inch (think of the dots at the corners of the square.) This board came with several markers, eraser, and bottle of cleaner. This board replaced my MegaMat about 2 years ago.
How big is that board?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases