A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
"I will accompany you, Shadya," says Conuld, happy to wander about purchasing oddments, and to complain peevishly now and again about the problems of desert, or indeed any, travel.

Code:
[B]Item		 Q	Cost	Weight[/B]
Light Horse	 1	  75	   -
Riding Saddle    1	  10	  25
Saddlebags       1         4       8
Horse feed       8         0.4    80
Waterskin        1         1       4
Ink in vial      1         9       0.1
Parchment        5         1       -
Scroll*          1        25       -            *Endure Elements, of course
Trail rations    8         4       8
Crossbow bolts  10         1       -
Blanket          1         0.5     3
Signal whistle   1         0.8     -
Set aside:
(spell to book cost)     100
(share of wand)          150
(scroll scribe costs)*    25                    *as and when possible
[B]Total                 406.7   128.1 plus Conuld and gear = 280.1 lb
OOC - free funds remaining 2 gp 9 sp 8 cp :eek: He will have to turn to begging.

OOC - thanks for the correction, Solange; I was out by 1 gp too.

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
"It's amazing anyone goes anywhere," Shadya says with a chuckle to the complaining Conuld.

OOC: You have the weight of Feed wrong, it's 10 lbs per days feed. (At least according to d20srd.org). I also noticed, it looks like you get gypped at 60' speed, slowing down to 40, when it should be 45 (which is more consistent with speed slowdown at 20, 40, and 50). Probably due to a rounding issue at 30, and they just inadvertently doubled it.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Solange said:
I also noticed, it looks like you get gypped at 60' speed, slowing down to 40, when it should be 45 (which is more consistent with speed slowdown at 20, 40, and 50). Probably due to a rounding issue at 30, and they just inadvertently doubled it.
[sblock=OOC]A 60' speed does get reduced to 40'. Link
Edit - Or did I misread your post? Anyway, the speeds come from adding the 20 ft and 30 ft speeds. (30 + 30 is 60 unarmored, and 20 + 20 = 40 armored)
Regarding the Wanderlust Inn, people do know about it, and perhaps also use it to travel (otherwise there would be no need for a notice board stating its destinations). However, no one ever sees it appear or vanish, and no one seems to recall anything amiss with the wagon being where it is or isn't. It is quite likely obscure due to that, but not unknown.[/sblock]

Last edited:

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

Cludge watches, leaning on his sword as Conuld introduces himself to the half-orc. He fixes Kurgahz with a long stare and says, Well, Mr. Kurglatz, can't say as yer people and mine got a lot to talk about, speakin' in general. But seems yer a good sort and I ain't one ta be prejerdissed. Names Cludge Slatefist, an' I'll watch yer back so long as ya watches mine.
He scratches his butt, quite unself-consciously.
What with Shady-ay-yah here bein' a desert person, Lasair a tall manling beauty, me a dwarf and Connie the ugliest human who ever lived, we sure makes a strange team, he says, winking at Conuld.

OOC: So just to be clear, we each have 400 gp to spend on provisions? Cludge will also keep the travel budget separate and invest in the following items:

Code:
[B]Item		Q	Cost	Weight[/B]
Light Warhorse	1	150	0
Riding Saddle 	1	10	25
Saddlebags	1	4	8
Feed (1 Day)	24	1.2	240
Canvas (sq. yd.)   10	1	10
Ration (1 day)	24	12	24
Rope (50' Coil)	2	20	10
Shovel		1	2	8
Waterskins	24	24	96
[B]Total			224.2	421[/B]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
AGFlynn said:
What with Shady-ay-yah here bein' a desert person, Lasair one o' them mind-readed thingies, me a dwarf and Connie the ugliest human who ever lived, we sure makes a strange team, he says, winking at Conuld.
"A dwarf?" says Conuld. "I thought you were some kind of hirsute halfling."

AGFlynn

First Post

Trouvere said:
"A dwarf?" says Conuld. "I thought you were some kind of hirsute halfling."

Cludge guffaws loudly and slaps Conuld on the back. I assures ya mate, you'd never get me inta one a them halfling hair suits, that's fer certain.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, human transmuter 1 (AC 12, HP 6/6)

Conuld looks blank for a moment, then laughs. "Right you are, Cludge, right you are. I have been meaning to mention this to you... there is a spell I know which will cause a person to grow to twice their normal height, for a short time, but perhaps long enough for it to make a difference in a fight, and you could perhaps stop enemies from getting close to you. Would you be willing to let me cast it, if we run into trouble? I asked Pendrake before we went up against those Blacklilies, but he was not too interested, and in the event, the situation did not come up. It's quite harmless - oh, and your weapons and armour grow with you, of course! Back in the library, when I first learned it, I used it to reach the top shelves, until Baland stopped me - you see, although it makes you stronger, you would be a little clumsier, too... it took me a long time to pick up all those books." He shakes his head.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz Vuultan, Half-Orc Cleric 1 of Taurusk; AC 14, HP 10/10

Conuld said:
He approaches the tall half-orc Kurgahz with a nervous air. "Conuld," he says, "pleased to meet you. I hear you are our connection to the divine on our trip. I... I reverence Russna, though I would not say I am particularly devout. Who is your patron?"
Kurgahz nods silently at the greeting from Conuld. The large half-orc raises one eyebrow at the question before unleashing a particularly toothy grin as he replies, "My god? Taurusk, the bloody bull is my patron. He bids me to seek out the weak blooded and the hypocrites that preach how much better they are than others...and to destroy them."
Cludge said:
Cludge watches, leaning on his sword as Conuld introduces himself to the half-orc. He fixes Kurgahz with a long stare and says, Well, Mr. Kurglatz, can't say as yer people and mine got a lot to talk about, speakin' in general. But seems yer a good sort and I ain't one ta be prejerdissed. Names Cludge Slatefist, an' I'll watch yer back so long as ya watches mine.
"My people?" Kurgahz growls, "Ssince when have bands of Half-Orcs been a bother to anyone? As for watching out for each other, I'll do what needs done to serve my own interestss. But,since my interestss now include doin' this job to get paid, you should be fine."

Code:
                                   [U]QTY     GP Cost          Weight[/U]
1/5 Cure Light Wounds wand([COLOR=Red]39[/COLOR]/50C) 1/5       150              -
Light Warhorse-"Scar"                1       150              -
Riding Saddle                        1        10             25
Saddlebags                           1         4              8
Horse Feed                        [COLOR=Red]5/[/COLOR]20         1         [COLOR=Red]50/[/COLOR]200
Waterskins                          20        20             80
Tent                                 1        10             20
Shovel                               1         2              8
Trail Rations                     [COLOR=Red]5/[/COLOR]40       [U] 20           [COLOR=Red]5/[/COLOR]40[/U]
                                             367 GP     [COLOR=Red]196/[/COLOR]381 pounds

Remaining travel money: 33 GP (Edit: +50 GP from revision later) = [S]83 GP[/S]
--minus 5 SP for private room at Furthest & Farthest Inn = [S]82 GP 5SP[/S]
--minus 2 SP for a 1 gal. keg of ale - [S]82 GP, 3 SP[/S]
--minus 4 SP for 8 more days horse feed in Antreil - [S]81 GP, 9 SP[/S]
--minus 3 GP and 5 SP for 7 days of trail rations in Antreil - [S]78 GP, 4 SP[/S]
--minus 5 SP for private room 2nd day at Furthest & Farthest - [S]77 GP, 9 SP[/S]
--minus 6 SP for food at Furthest & Farthest Inn on day 23 - [COLOR=RED]77 GP, 3 SP[/COLOR]

*Amounts in [COLOR=Red]RED[/COLOR] are current within adventure as of day [U][COLOR=Red]60[/COLOR][/U]
Note- Camels lose .78 gallons of water/day of their 25 gallon capacity. With full refill, the camels can travel for 32 days before starting to use the extra water we're carrying.

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
Knight Otu said:
[sblock=OOC]A 60' speed does get reduced to 40'. Link
Edit - Or did I misread your post? Anyway, the speeds come from adding the 20 ft and 30 ft speeds. (30 + 30 is 60 unarmored, and 20 + 20 = 40 armored)
Regarding the Wanderlust Inn, people do know about it, and perhaps also use it to travel (otherwise there would be no need for a notice board stating its destinations). However, no one ever sees it appear or vanish, and no one seems to recall anything amiss with the wagon being where it is or isn't. It is quite likely obscure due to that, but not unknown.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Yes, but adding 20 + 20 + 20 = 60, and 15 + 15 + 15 = 45. Oh well.[/sblock]

AGFlynn

First Post

Cludge grins and pats the pommel sticking up above his shoulder. Ya meen Martha here'd be twice her size too? Now that would be a sight to behold, it would. I'd have no objection ta that, to be sure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases