Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
XP Awards:
Cludge: 1802
Conuld: 1951
Kurgahz: 1801
Lasair: 2130
Solange: 1701

Some notes on the XP: Real-time XP has not yet been awarded.

More than half of each character's XP is from roleplaying. This is one awesome group of RPers, one of the best I've ever been a part of. Great job, folks! Lasair's RP XP has been scaled up slightly because she is higher level than everybody else, and my RP awards aren't based on character level.

Also, kudos to Phoenix for keeping track of his supplies. Some of you don't even have your horses on your character sheets. You should take care of that. ;)

I feel like we're moving along at a good clip. Thanks for being so active, it really helps keep the game alive.

-----------------------------

It's now the morning. The three other adventurers left earlier, heading along the road towards Orussus. Fehl sticks around and eats Hendrik's breakfast with you. The innkeeper collects his money from everybody after the meal is finished, thanking them for their patronage.

Travel Fund:
-2.5gp, (Kurgahz: -5 sp for single room)
-5 sp (for food)
-X gp from individual characters (for whatever you drank)

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, Transmuter 3 (Approval pending), HP 16/16, AC 12

For much of the night, Conuld tosses and turns in his sleep muttering to himself. In the morning, the moment he wakes, he begins writing angular symbols with great care in his spellbook. With an air of satisfaction, he turns to his quarter hour of preparation.
Over breakfast, he explains his nocturnal breakthrough to anyone who will listen. "Some of the basic formulae bear a resemblance to those of the spell I used to enhance my running speed," he says. "I realised that with some modification of the kosj vivex vaeri in a manner that could be likened to a parametric infolding of the third and fourth aspects of..." He witters on at some length until he notices several pairs of glazed eyes. "Well, you will see," he says. He is silent for a few moments. "Also," he continues, "I was remembering that trick that Saithnar can perform, you remember, Cludge? He points his finger and pure elemental energy beams from it. He knocked out that awful Riffer - a disgrace to wizardkind - with one. I have no idea how he does it, but if you consider the manner in which the simple Light cantrip draws energy over a prolonged period of time, and reason that elongation of the spherical axis together with drastic compression of the temporal... Oh dear. I do apologize. I am quite certain it will work, though."
[sblock=Spells prepared](0) Detect Magic; Ray of Frost; Ghost Sound (DC 14); Message; Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person (DC 14); Color Spray (DC 15); Silent Image (DC 15); Grease (DC 14)
(2) Extended Mage Armor; Cat's Grace; Scorching Ray
[/sblock]
OOC: Wow. Level 3 already, just. I refuse to open the horrible can of worms that is Alter Self, tempting though it is, so I'll take Cat's Grace as my Transmutation spell.

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Still waiting for Solange to check in and say goodnight, then I'll award experience and we can move on.
OOC: Just got back. Left a warning in a game you were judging and one Rystil Arden was in, hoped that might be enough, it was rather sudden, sorry. Glad you didn't wait on me, now I need to work on leveling Shadya. First character to L2 :)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:22 AC:15)

OOC: Oooweee level 3. Say, Rae, there was an earlier XP award - are you giving us a running total or should we add that in?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The XP for the ogre combat is not included in the numbers above. So yeah, add it in. The RP XP is for the entire adventure so far, including planning and the ogre encounter.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz, Half-Orc CLR 2(pending approval) (AC:14, HP:18/18)

Kurgahz awakens, feeling refreshed and stronger than before. His prayers from the night before have been answered and his connection to his god is more powerful than ever. Meeting the others in the main room, Kurgahz eats a hearty breakfast and talks with them about the coming day and their journey ahead.

[sblock=Cleric Spells readied](4/2+1(Wis)+1(D) save DC= 13 + spell level)
0- Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Light
1- Cause Fear, Cure Light Wounds x2, (D)Grease[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
More than half of each character's XP is from roleplaying. This is one awesome group of RPers, one of the best I've ever been a part of. Great job, folks! Lasair's RP XP has been scaled up slightly because she is higher level than everybody else, and my RP awards aren't based on character level.

Also, kudos to Phoenix for keeping track of his supplies. Some of you don't even have your horses on your character sheets. You should take care of that.

I feel like we're moving along at a good clip. Thanks for being so active, it really helps keep the game alive.

Sweet! That's a lot more XP than I expected us to get, but I'm happy because it brings Lasair closer to catching up to her peers (her buddies who started at the same time). Yeah, another trick you could do if you don't want to scale Lasair's RP XP is to claim that she got the excess for soloing the dad. I've done that sometimes in LEW since I'm required to give standard DMG XP for each encounter.

I'm going to agree with you on your pronouncement that this is one strong group of roleplayers! Slight request--I'm going to assume you are handing out at least 1 month worth of time XP. Why? Because Lasair is down less than 100 XP to level up, and time XP gives her 200 per month, so since everybody else has to wait for approval now, it will save you time Rae if Lasair is being approved simultaneously instead of just afterwards. If you like, I won't apply the level until later, but I'd like to get the approval out of the way.

Uh oh folks, that means Meliana hits automatic Telepathy with all characters--Jilna et al beware! (Just kidding--with her new 8 Int, not that much lower than some of the rest of the party, she should be able to act as a respectable conversation intermediary for Lasair, and Meliana has +14 Diplomacy despite her 10 Charisma, so she's a likable little psicrystal...Hmm...aid another checks. Rinaldo, I will catch up to you in Diplomacy!)

Last edited:

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 -pending- (HP:34 AC:15)

Cludge gets up with the dawn, has a large breakfast (cost please) with Conuld then attends to the sharpening and repair of his weapons and armour. He'll see to his horse and then make inquiries as to the existence of dwarven weaponsmiths in Antreil. Failing that, he'll want the best weaponsmith in Antreil.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz, Half-Orc CLR 2(pending approval) (AC:14, HP:18/18)

Trouvere said:
"Also," he continues, "I was remembering that trick that Saithnar can perform, you remember, Cludge?"
Neat to see another of my characters referenced! :) Sorry, back to reality...
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Travel Fund:
-2.5gp, (Kurgahz: -5 sp for single room)
-5 sp (for food)
-X gp from individual characters (for whatever you drank)
OOC: I also need the cost for Kurgahz's breakfast so I can deduct it. Although I've been taking the money for his room, food, and drink out of his personal traveling funds so it shouldn't have to be subtracted from the party travel fund.

Also, Rae, is this now day 22? or have I lost track somewhere?

After the whole party has come out for breakfast, Kurgahz asks them "So, what is the plan for today? We headin' toward that next town, Antreil is it?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases