A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Post of opportunity from Japan! Mostly good work and carry on with the planning and such.

Cludge said:
Lasair one o' them mind-readed thingies

(OOC: How does he know that she's a Telepath? She didn't exactly advertise it, and her companions from the last adventure have actually mistaken her for a Sorceress, so in the tavern, that's what they were calling her)

(OOC: As for shopping, she is quite fine with just the same horse and rations as everyone else)

[SBLOCK=Rae]Right, that makes sense. Perhaps she finds the rare raw material in the desert because of Sairundan's elemental nature and then shapes it to a useful focus herself?[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Aren't we abandoning these on the edge of the desert? A warhorse would be a waste then, though a regular Light Horse will be encumbered and thus only move 40 whereas a light warhorse can carry her unencumbered)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: How does he know that she's a Telepath? She didn't exactly advertise it, and her companions from the last adventure have actually mistaken her for a Sorceress, so in the tavern, that's what they were calling her)

OOC: Ah, good point. He did just adventure with the psion Saithar a couple of weeks earlier, I suppose he could have figured it out from observing her actions. But, then again, he's not that smart. Want me to retcon the quote?

AGFlynn

First Post

Phoenix8008 said:
Kurgahz scratches the side of his face with his spiked gauntlet as Cludge finishes. "I never made a Orc into a 'half-orc', but I did squish one into jelly with my greatclub here..." He tilts back his head to upend and drink the last of the keg from the Inn before tossing it aside and letting loose a massive belch to compete with Cludge... "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRP....Urrrrp". He smiles a toothy grin down at the dwarf.

Cludge grins back. Jelly, huh? Good work. He offers Kurgahz a chunk of nasty-smelling root, still encrusted with dirt.
Say pal, he whispers loudly, this here is good fer clearin' out yer system. Ya just chew it fer a coupla hours 'til it's a paste an then swaller it. Found it when I was prospectin' in tha hills. I musta et a good hunnerd weight of it when I wuz up there eatin' nothin but beans fer weeks on end. That'll do ya up a treat, it will. Help ya with that there gas problem o' yers.

AGFlynn

First Post

Trouvere said:
Wait, you named your sword Martha? Is there a story there? Maybe I should name my quarterstaff! No, arihurthiklevethix sjir thric grovisvlaraek, as they say - 'the safety of a wizard lies in the book, not the staff.'"

Cludge looks quizzically at Conuld. Name her? Aye, lad, ya gotta name a sword er an axe. Lest they hold it agin ya. Ya treat her well, and yer weapon will see ya through many a tight spot. Mebbe I'm not always fresh as a daisy, but you can bet Martha's cleaned, polished, oiled and sharpened any old time. Here, he says, drawing the shortish but ridiculously broad greatsword. Hold 'er. She's a good old gal, Martha is, well-balanced, nice 'n heavy. She does great with meat and only sticks a little goin' thru bone.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, human transmuter 1 (AC 12, HP 6/6)

"I see... I did not know that," says Conuld. He takes the proferred sword. "You are right. It... she... does sit well in the hand, for all her weight." He tries a few tentative moves, but he has no natural skill with the weapon. "I think Martha is telling me she wants to go back to her owner," he says, after a swing causes him to stagger. He returns the sword. "Thank you, Cludge. There is another thing I could do for you and Martha. There is a spell that infuses a weapon with raw arcane power. Martha would cut through almost anything, if I cast it on her... though for only a short time. I do not normally prepare the spell, but I have a copy of it right here, on a scroll." He fumbles with one of the scroll cases tucked through his belt. "See? This writing here holds the formula. If we ever run into something that seems to shrug off your blows, I'll try to get close to you, or you to me, and I will cast it. Best to be prepared for these eventualities. And arcaniss versvesh vyth, shar levethix othokent zara caex sthyr." Conuld seems to be full of wizard sayings today. "Oh, that's 'magic is stronger than steel, but the wise wizard stands behind the swordsman.' Literally behind, mostly."

AGFlynn

First Post

Trouvere said:
"There is a spell that infuses a weapon with raw arcane power. Martha would cut through almost anything, if I cast it on her... though for only a short time."

Gordul! exclaims Cludge. Ba'kragh ne somakk kullazhatûr da corl
norogh , samman!

Er, by which I means, yes, my friend, I'd like ta see that in action.

[SBLOCK=Dwarven] By the gods! That would be ever useful in slaying monsters, brother![/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
"You know Dwarven is not one of my languages - yet," smiles Conuld. "I will pick it up one of these days." He nods, happy. At last, a fighter who appreciates what a transmuter can do!

Remove ads