A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

OOC: Yes, I see your point. That would imbalance cost, for certain, though I've yet to see a Wiz 1 with 30 int. :) -- 20, for sure is possible. But it makes low-level scrolls nigh-on useless.

Cludge looks at Conuld with a smug smile and pulls a ratty looking leather thing attached to stong cords from his belt. I got me rabbit killer, he says with a grin. I killed some pretty big coneys with this thing, I'll tell ya.
He waves the sling about then puts it back. Still an' all, I'd rather be up front wavin' Martha about than stuck at the back. I'll stand toe ta toe with the thing an' the rest o' ya can pelt at it, if needs be.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, human transmuter 1 (AC 12, HP 6/6)

"If I do this thing, then you can have my crossbow, Cludge, which must surely have better range. If I could cast the spell on someone else, then be sure I would be looking for volunteers! But as I cannot, I think I am the best choice to be bait, since I will have the best chance of running to safety."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

And when the beastie runs at ya? Ya gonna whack at it with yer soft hands? No, lad, let me hold the thing off. I ain't much goood fer much else. 'Sides, I ain't afraid o' giants. Got me some dwarven tricks up my sleeves, I do, he says with a wink.
You make me huge an' maybe magic up ol' Martha here and I'll be just fine. I never backed down from a good fistfight yet.
Cludge looks at Conuld and realizes he's serious about acting as bait.
Well, if ye've made yer mind up, then I spose we'll hafta do it. I'll be watchin' out fer ya, mind, and I won't see ya come ta harm.

Trouvere

Explorer

"Whack it? No, I'm going to take to my heels! And lead it straight to you, if I can. And if it is not dropped by a few arrows, then I will most certainly make you huge." A sudden thought strikes Conuld. "If... if it goes horribly wrong, Cludge, will you make sure to give my spellbook to Tommy, when next you see him? I daresay he will know all the spells in it, and then some, by then, but I'd like him to have it, all the same." He takes a deep breath. "Shall we do it?"

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
Conuld sighs. "You should not be the one to risk yourself. I have a scroll here of a spell beloved by faessi levethix which will let me run as fast as an unladen horse. If I cast it moments before reaching the bridge, I do not think that he will be able to catch me. I can try to keep safely ahead of him, and draw him into an ambush of our own."
"Do you think you can draw him out before you get to the bridge?" Shadya asks. "If not, you are risking a lot more than I I think. But if you insist, we can hide and watch you bravely run away and draw our enemy near. We can tie the horses up just out of sight and then move through the woods till we get a good vantage point."

[sblock=OOC]Conuld was not afraid afraid
to die in nasty ways
Brave Brave Brave Wiz Conuld.
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer

"I had not given great thought to that part. He chased Lasair's...um... crystal friend readily enough. If anyone has suggestions as to how I should draw him out, now would be a wonderful time to provide them. I was just thinking to make a lot of noise at the near side of the bridge. To, er, sing, as you proposed."[sblock=OOC]Meanie![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Hmmm, just a thought, but I have a sspell which could make an area on the ground or an item very sslippery. Maybe the creature would even fall down and allow us extra time to fire on it from a disstance?" Kurgahz offers to the group.

Rystil Arden

First Post
OOC: Yes, I see your point. That would imbalance cost, for certain, though I've yet to see a Wiz 1 with 30 int. -- 20, for sure is possible. But it makes low-level scrolls nigh-on useless.

(OOC: Ah, but you can buy a scroll from a Wiz20 for the same price if you like ;) Anyway, glad everything has worked out :))

Remove ads