A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You do if 200 is the distance--the range is 140 feet. I did say Lasair waits until it gets into range, so I assumed that's what happened. That said, 140 vs 200 is tomatoes vs tom'ah'toes--at least it isn't Close, right?)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Crumblemuffins. :p

Lasair, suddenly infused with angry fervor at this horrible creature who extorts and kills for pleasure, feels her mental powers suddenly jump in potency. She feels the range of her connection with the ziivash extend all the way to the cruel mind at the bridge. But the energy only lasts for 12 seconds before its gone, leaving behind nothing but a warm glow and a sense of accomplishment.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Heh. I don't have a good sense for the layout, but if the group was hidden strung out along the treeline, with Lasair closest to the bridge, and/or if the ogre moved forward 60' or so in response to Conuld's taunts, then... mmm.. delicious crumblemuffins... I think it might have just moved into range.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Hm. If the party is spread out in the trees so that the farthest member is 200' from the ogre (and the bridge) and the closest, Lasair, is 60' from the farthest... :p. I feel dumb. I'll just make a smegging map. Let me solidify distances.

Distance from the bridge and the ogre:
Lasair: 80' (2 move actions from her initial position at 140')
Cludge: 70' (Ran 80' from initial position at 150')
Shadya: 170' (init. Pos.; possibly closer now)
Kurgahz: 180' (init. Pos.; possibly closer now)
Conuld: 150' (next to his crossbow, where Cludge was)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 2 HP:23 AC:15

OOC: Cludge will run again. If the ogre is stunned, then this is the round to move in to melee range and avoid the AOO.

Puffing and huffing, Cludge's legs pump like small fat pistons as he clumps across stones and sand to arrive smack up against the hairy beast, screaming Nyyyaaaaaaaaarrrrrr!!!! and drawing back his greatsword...
(Next round come da pain)

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, human transmuter 1 (AC 12, HP 6/6)

As Conuld dashes back towards the dazed ogre, he sees Cludge barrelling right up to it. He pulls up. "What's wrong with the thing?" he says. "I only called it fat and stupid."

OOC: moving 60' to 90' away; lots of running about, very little doing! Can I get a crossbow shot at the ogre without incurring a -4 for firing into melee? I would think I can't get the angle past Cludge.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Alright! Enough of this guesswork and retconning. Here's a map, and a blow-by-blow summary of the combat so far. I should have done something like this from the beginning. I promise I'll do better next time!

Regarding Trouvere's question about firing into melee: The penalty for firing into melee does apply, and it takes into account the poor angle. So fire away, with a -4 penalty.

The Ogre Battle
Round -2 (10:36:00):
•Conuld casts mage armor (expires at 11:36:00) and takes out his nonexistent scroll.
•The others hide.

Round -1 (10:36:06):
•Conuld casts expeditious retreat from aforementioned nonexistent scroll.
•The others continue to hide.

Round 1 (10:36:12):
•Conuld moves 120' toward the bridge while humming. He reaches 20' from the bridge.
•The others continue to hide.
•The ogre emerges and greets Conuld with a hearty bellow.

Round 2 (10:36:18):
•Conuld taunts the ogre and flees 90' south.
•Lasair assaults the ogre with her ego whip from her position at 140', stunning it and dealing 1 Cha damage. She then moves out of the woods 5' and forward 25'. (115' from the ogre)
•Shadya fires an arrow but deals no damage. She moves out of the woods 5' and forward 25'. (125' from the ogre)
•Kurgahz fires a bolt but deals no damage. He moves out of the woods 5' and forward 15'. (165' from the ogre)
•Cludge runs 5' out of the woods and north 75'. (75' from the ogre)
•Ogre is stunned.

Round 2 (10:36:24):
•Conuld moves 40' south, next to his crossbow, and picks it up.
•Lasair successfully ego whips the ogre again, stunning it again and dealing 4 more Cha damage. She then moves forward 30'. (85' from the ogre)
•Shadya fires another arrow, this time hitting for 4 damage. She moves forward another 30'. (95' from the ogre)
•Kurgahz fires another poor shot. He moves forward 20'. (105' from the ogre)
•Cludge runs forward 75', crossing some rocks on the way, to get up close and personal. (0' from the ogre)
•Ogre is stunned.

Round 3 (10:36:30):
•Conuld moves forward 60'. He loads his crossbow when he stops. (He has +0 BAB and thus cannot load while moving.) (70' from the ogre)
•Lasair spends her last ego whip. The weak-willed ogre again succumbs to her power, and is stunned, sustaining 1 point of Cha damage (6 total). She moves forward 15'. (70' from the ogre)

Initiative:
Conuld (mage armor)
Lasair
Shadya «
Kurgahz
Cludge
Ogre (4 lethal dmg, 6 Cha dmg, stunned)

Shadya is up!

Attachments

• Ogre Battle 10-36-30.jpg
    Ogre Battle 10-36-30.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 287