A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, one more Ego Whip--Also, I wasn't really planning on having Lasair move towards the Ogre, just away if necessary to stay farther than 60' at all times, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore for the purposes of this fight unless you plan on dropping extra enemies, so I won't ask for yet another a retcon.)

"Don't bother wasting your spells now. It's probably going to enter a coma if I even touch its ziivash once more, at least if it is anything like the bulette I just fought" Lasair notifies the others.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Lasair feels the ogre lash out against her in her mind. Its ziivash bulges in defiance, and then is suddenly still. The others simply see the great, fearsome beast collapse and curl up into a ball. Cludge takes a step back to avoid being crushed beneath the hide-covered giant. The strangely quiet battle comes to a sudden end. The calming, constant rush of the deep but rocky river can be heard off to your right. The wooden bridge stretches over the water, sturdy and inviting.

Combat over. And I made that pretty little map and everything!

The ogre succeeded on its last save, but still was dealt enough Cha damage to knock it out. Lasair has used 12pp.

When you rest, everybody gets 180XP for this combat except Lasair, she gets 160XP. (RP and Real-Time will come later.)

Solange

First Post
"I supposed we'd best either tie him up for the locals, or dispose of him," Shadya says, returning to pick up her bow. "In the desert, better to kill him than leave him, as it would be a cruel death. But in the wetlands, I don't think so."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Sspeak 'fer yerself..." Kurgahz mutters to Shadya as he strides over to the fallen Ogre and raises his greatclub high above the creatures head before smashing it down with all his might... Coup de grace damage (2d10+6=14)

Ooc: Ogre takes 14 damage and if alive still gets a Fort save DC 24 (10 plus damage dealt) or he dies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It would not have woken for at least a full day. The torpor of one who has lost its grip on reality is deep...it did not even recognise its own existence, the proud nail of its ziivash hammered until it became just another thread in the ebb and flow. This path should be safe for future travelers. We should check its body and its lair. There will be possessions of those it slew...and, sadly, there will be bodies. We must show them their proper respects and send them back to the sands so that they will be able to seek eternal peace and will not rise as undead," she shivers a bit at that thought, "Personal mementos we should leave with them out of respect. But tools, weapons, and this money of the Western lands...they would want to see those used to protect other travelers from their own fates. We should bring those along."

(OOC: Random OOC extra--Lasair gave no sign that she was actually doing anything at all during the fight, so to the others, it may have looked like she was standing back and watching them fight while the ogre randomly decided to do nothing and then curl up into a ball for no reason. That could be humorous :lol: )

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ziivash," says Conuld. "I... see. I suspect that all our efforts were nothing compared to Lasair's, and that were we not here, she would have defeated the ogre as easily." He turns to her. "I thank you," he says, "but I do not believe there is much to be gained from keeping the extent of your capabilities secret."

Solange

First Post
OOC: Isn't there some kind of display for all psionic powers?

"A lair, yes. We should see what it left behind, and return it or at least put it to good use," Shadya says in agreement.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld sighs as he feels the spell enhancing his speed fade. "Ah, that was exhilarating. I should cast it more often," he says. "After we have searched the body and the lair, we should write a message on the signpost at the broken bridge, informing future travellers that the ogre has been dealt with. That sign is curious, is it not? It led us to expect an ambush, yet surely the ogre did not write it himself. He could never have spelled 'detour'. So we were correct only by chance."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 2 HP:23 AC:15

Cludge looks completely baffled as the ogre topples. He pokes it once with his sword then steps back (far enough to avoid being spattered by blood) and nods approvingly as Kurghaz finishes it off.
A fine fight that was, he growls. It didn't get a chance ta fight back. Still, the beastie is dead. He shakes his shaggy head. Strange lands are these where folks fall down without takin' a scratch.

OOC: I'm off to NYC for a few days, back Saturday. Should be able to post sporadically while I'm there.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes, Auditory, but she can suppress that with a DC 15 Concentration check, at which she succeeds easily, taking 10 or just rolling a 6 where appropriate)

"Yes, let us make haste," Lasair agrees with Shadya

*After the group finishes searching the ogre, they continue to the lair where Meliana saw the other bodies.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases