A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Solange

First Post
OOC: You can take 10 in combat on that? And I didn't see you actually suppress it in combat ;). No matter, Shadya was distracted by the large ogre and her lack of bow skills anyway.

Shadya will attempt to recover any arrows she can.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, I did say as appropriate ;) I usually figure that Psions suppress the displays by default. It costs nothing, and if it fails, nothing bad happens)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
SRD said:
To manifest a power without any display (no matter how many displays it might have), a manifester must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the level of the power).
So the check is actually 17 for ego whip. She cast it four times, so I made 4 checks at +9. She got a natural 1 on that last roll. (Kinda makes sense, since the ogre passed his save that time.) Lasair seems to want to suppress the effect, so I think she'll choose to make the low hum "so soft that it can be heard only within 15 feet with a successful DC 10 Listen check". Not sure if she'd want the hum to be centered on her or the ogre, but I'll say the ogre in the interest of time. So Kurgahz and Cludge get to make DC 10 Listen checks.

Back to the matter at hand:

The gang carefully works their way through the slick rocks to the ogre's little hideout under the bridge. Nestled on some dry, elevated river dirt is a pile of hides, presumably the ogre's "bed". Off to the left and far in the back lay two bodies. They're relatively fresh. Upon closer inspection, it is revealed that they were both men, and battle-hardened men at that; numerous scars cover their faces, arms, and legs. Their heads are oddly misshapen, probably because the top of their skulls have been bashed in. One man is missing an arm and a leg, but it appears that blood had already stopped pumping when the limbs were removed. Perhaps the ogre got hungry.

The man with both arms and legs wears banded mail armor. It is in good condition, but the armor's construction is nothing special. The other man's leather armor is ruined, ripped into pieces, some of which are now a part of the ogre's bed. On the ground lie two longswords. One is of finer make than the other, both are in fine condition. Next to the weapons is a stick covered with a glowing cloth. The stick turns out to be an everburning torch, the cloth turns out to be a normal sack.

A thorough inspection of the small lair uncovers a stash of several bags. Each bag contains an assortment of coins. All told, there are 13 gold pieces, 340 silvers, and 2345 pennies. Many coins are Orussian ennies, shields, and pennies, but a fair number are from other locales. Shadya even recognizes a few Sairundani coppers. The coins together weigh a lot.

Banded mail, medium sized
MW Longsword, medium sized
Longsword, medium sized
Everburning Torch
70gp in various denominations from various regions (53.96lbs)

Solange

First Post
"We can add this to the travel expenses for now, and disperse it later if need be," Shadya says about the coin. "The torch can be added tot he supplies as well. If anyone has need for the blades of armor, they are welcome to it, else we can sell it along the way. I don't know if we could ever find the next of kin for the ogre's victims."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nothing on the ogre itself then? Also, Lasair chooses to centre on herself, which should mean no one is within 15 feet)

"It is mere speculation, but I am guessing that these men may have been the bandits who set up the detour and ambush and then had the setup coopted from them," Lasair speculates, "Even so, they deserve to return to the sands."

*Lasair will attempt to give them a proper burial.*

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, human transmuter 1 (AC 12, HP 6/6)

"They've not been dead very long. Ill-fate for them that we did not arrive sooner. Does anyone have a prayer they wish to say as we put them to rest?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Going to be moving to Florida for the next few days. I'll be back online sometime early next week hopefully. Sorry about the delays. NPC me if you wish.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist (Fighter 2 HP:23 AC:15

Well, I doubt these manfolk would want a dwarven burial -- would take weeks and involve a lotta drinkin', which we ain't got time for. I spose we just dig a coupla holes an' bung 'em in, says Cludge.
He picks up a shovel and starts digging.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases