A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 2 HP:23 AC:15

OOC: As to marching order, Cludge should be front row, at least #2 if we have a scout out ahead.
He'll take any watch as he doesn't have spells to memorize.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The gang spends the night under the covered area at the bridge. A great thunder storm occurs during the night. The rain falls hard, but everybody, including the horses, is safe and dry beneath the small stone roof. No creatures disturb you.

Unless I'm mistaken, Conuld levels up here. Go ahead and apply that change now.

(Subtract 1 day trail rations and feed)
[Distance traveled: 861 + 48 = 909 miles]
[Time: 21 days]

----------------------------

In the morning, it's still raining pretty hard. You decide to set out anyway, knowing that Shadya doesn't really have time to wait for the storm to completely pass. Shadya takes a moment to dance in the rain. It rarely rains in Sairundan, and never does it downpour like this.

Everybody saddles up and moves onto the bridge. It's quite long, and the river is wide and deep thanks to the storm. The stone walkway stretches ahead for about 200', and is 10' across.

You're almost all the way across the bridge (Cludge is at 170', Lasair is at 160', Shadya is at 150', pack horse is at 140', Conuld is at 130', Kurgahz is at 120') when you notice...

[sblock=Cludge: ]... a couple of dark, human-like figures moving about in the rain on this side of the bridge, 60' ahead. Quickly glancing back, you also see a similar shape approaching from the side you just left.[/sblock]
[sblock=Kurgahz: ]... a sound through the constant drumming of the rain. Your pointed orcish ears pick up the splashing of several feet moving through puddles on the side of the bridge that you're heading towards.[/sblock]
[sblock=Conuld and Lasair: ]... that on this side of the bridge, there is a shadowy humanoid shape moving around, about 60' ahead of Cludge.[/sblock]
[sblock=Shadya: ]... that it's very wet. And it's raining. Also, you're on a bridge.[/sblock]

Current weather effects:

1/2 visibility.
-4 on Spot, Search, and Listen checks.
-4 on ranged attacks.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 2 HP:23 AC:15

As the party tromps its way through the rain across the bridge, Cludge clomps along in silence. Suddenly, his beady black eyes narrow -- he holds up a gauntleted fist and comes to a halt.
We gots company, he growls back at Lasair, loud enough to be heard above the rain but not a shout. On both ends o' the bridge. Warn the others -- if there's trouble we gotta make a run for the closest edge ahead. We're sittin' ducks up here.
Cludge draws his greatsword and takes a defensive stance. He peers at the figures ahead, trying to make out who -- or what -- they are.

[sblock=OOC] Cludge readies a partial charge in case anything hostile approaches.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair nods.*

"I was aware, though your prudence in keeping the knowledge quiet is wise. Everyone else knows we just fell into a trap, yes?" Lasair asks the others.

(OOC: Can't ready an action out of combat--you'll have to wait for Rae to roll Init)

Trouvere

Explorer

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm, I missed the 'everybody saddles up' from Rae above--I can't imagine trying to ride a horse with 10x10 spacing across a slippery stone walkway that is only 10 feet across, especially Lasair (and maybe Shadya) who is very wary around this much water (both from the sky and below) )

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That's 3.0 when they were like that. It's a bit ridiculous, but now they take up 10x10. Lasair would be walking her horse, rather than mounted. I don't know about the others)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases