A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I assume it will be that far. If it is within 1000, then we might as well just buy a Teleport. Actually, if it's super far, we can save time by buying a Plane Shift. Even the 1d100 mile inaccuracy of the spell is a much better proposition than walking 10,000 miles!

EDIT: :lol: Solange thought of the same thing. We likely will not be in Teleport range, as it is only 100 miles per caster level. Plane Shift is cheaper and longer.)

Solange

First Post
OOC: I looked at the time line again, we have 2 full moons. That's... 4 months or 2? Not sure what the moon phases are here.

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I assume it will be that far. If it is within 1000, then we might as well just buy a Teleport. Actually, if it's super far, we can save time by buying a Plane Shift. Even the 1d100 mile inaccuracy of the spell is a much better proposition than walking 10,000 miles!

EDIT: :lol: Solange thought of the same thing. We likely will not be in Teleport range, as it is only 100 miles per caster level. Plane Shift is cheaper and longer.)
OOC: Yeah, but that's still cheating the adventure, which I think the journey is part of. We'll get it figured out I'm sure. Assuming we'll walk at some point, what supplies will we need beyond the basics (Food, water, chocolate)?

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: can you go from point A on the material to point B? I assumed you needed to jump from the material to a different plane and then back to the material again.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

Listen: -1
Spot: -1
Init: +0
Sense Motive: -1

At the mention of boats, Cludge looks distinctly uncomfortable. Weeell, he says, scratching his beard. My grandpappy always said, if dwarves were meant ta float, Azwan woulda given 'em a head like a barrel. I'm quite happy ta walk on the sacred ground if we can. He looks around at his companions. Y'see, I can't swim that well. And with this here chainmail on, well... I'm somethin' of a anchor.

Trouvere

Explorer
"And we would not see very much of the world. No sea voyage, then, at least not until we get footsore. I would suggest, in that case, that we do take the coastal route, to keep our options open," replies Conuld. "I suppose we will indeed need horses, or at least one or two to pull a cart. I am not sure I like horses. They are very large and have minds of their own. If we are taking a cart, then we should make sure we have all sorts of equipment. We can always lighten the load and take only those things which have proved useful when we reach the last town before the desert. I cannot think of anything we might need, specifically. I would like to get a few more crossbow bolts, but that is nothing major. I have 39, which perhaps will not last long. I used one recently." He glances at Cludge.

Solange

First Post
"I think horses would be faster than a cart. We can fit supplies on a pack horse I think. And you have the money to afford your own horse," Shadya Conuld, "Or you will once I get this not turned in."

Trouvere

Explorer
"I hope I can spellcast from horseback, then," says Conuld. "I have a feeling it might be distracting, unless the horse were standing still. Also, we could sleep in a cart - off the ground, away from vermin - or rig a shelter over it during wet weather - we have a lot of that here, even in summer - and, not to tempt fate, but an injured person could lie in a cart where they could perhaps not ride a horse. This is just my opinion, of course. You are our employer, and your wishes are final."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases