A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Cludge: ]
Round 1:
The viper easily slips around Cludge's clumsy initial attack.

Round 2:
It lunges and strikes again, and again Cludge's dwarven tenacity shakes off the snake's poison. (1 damage)

Cludge (13 20/23 HP) makes another stab at the thing, but it evades again, its small size making it a tough target for Cludge's big weapon.

Round 3:
Again the viper tries to bite Cludge, but this time fails.

Cludge...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Lasair: ]I edited the post to reflect the fact that he doesn't know that Lasair will see his children again. My mistake.

"I am called Fen. Just Fen. My spirit-brother died years ago." He smiles slightly and acquiesces her request, saying in his native tongue, "My children, I would very much like to see you all again, some day. I am proud of your courage. May Galatea's river sweep you to pools of peace and tranquility."

Then Fen bids Lasair farewell and turns around to head slowly back up the road, with the priest trudging along in front of him.

Meliana bubbles to Lasair, "Oh, goodie! I just introduced Cludge to a long green friend I met in the bushes, and now they're playing the "Poke Each Other Really Hard" game! Hurry up and you can join in!"[/sblock]
[sblock=Kurgahz, Shadya, and Conuld: ]The group moves past the wagon and it soon disappears from their sight. Jilsa answers Conuld, "
I do not know much, just that it is the first town beyond the bridge. I have never left the Riverlands, but I have heard that Antreil marks the end of the fens and the start of the hills
."

The group travels until a little past noon when they reach the last bridge on the Seven Bridges Road. There's a small inn on the south west side of the bridge. The building is built of stone, separate from the bridge. It has a simple wooden covered area for a stable. A sign over the inn's front door labels it [smallcaps]The First and Furthest Inn[/smallcaps]. A look around brings the realization that the forest is retreating a bit from the road, and this last river doesn't flow as swift as the others.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Lasair]'The poke each other really hard game? Lovely...A long green thing is probably a snake. If they're anything like the ones back home, Cludge will be dead if he is bitten.'

"Meliana, why don't you help Cludge out by moving up into the snake's personal space and distracting it."

*Lasair heads off to Cludge's location instead of a rendezvous point on the main path.*

(OOC: Lasair is suggesting that Meliana try to Aid Another by making a DC 10 Attack Roll. Meliana has Hardness 8 and is immune to poison, so if it is indeed a snake, it should be unable to harm her at all.)[/SBLOCK]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:20 AC:15)

OOC: Note Cludge's HP are currently 20, as he was healed by Kughaz.

Cludge attempts to pull his limbs out of snake range all at the same time, the effect of which is not pretty. Slippery lil' devil, he curses. He also continues to attempt to bash the thing to a pulp, bringing his sword down on it with a resounding *thump* (Attack #3 23, Damage 14).

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Cludge: ]You're right, Cludge has 20 HP.

Cludge's sword cuts the viper's head clean off. Its writhing body twitches harmlessly for a moment, and then falls limp. Meliana pulls Cludge's pant leg towards the road.[/sblock]
[sblock=Lasair: ]Meliana says, "Oop, nevermind. Cludge cut its head off. We'll meet you back at the road!"[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Lasair]"The road it is then."

*Lasair shakes her head. Things will get...interesting soon, when Meliana learns to project her thoughts to others. Moreso considering Meliana will be able to speak to Jilna and the other River Folk while Lasair herself cannot. At least Meliana is growing more canny as Lasair focuses her ziivash though no less exuberant...*

*Lasair heads off to the road. When she meets Cludge, she proceeds exactly as planned to catch up with the rest of the group.*

(OOC: which means that she uses exactly as much Hustle and Forced March as previously mentioned to catch up with their slightly higher speed--it should be the same as the amount the walkers used above, so two Hustles (first is free) and two Forced Marches for 1 nonlethal + a possible more if she fails the DC 10 and DC 12 Con checks)[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
For haste's sake...

[sblock=Lasair and Cludge: ]Lasair meets up with Cludge and Meliana on the road. They catch up and move quickly towards the last bridge. They pass an orange hatted man driving a wagon on the way. The walk is tiring, but it goes by quickly.

A little after noon, the dwarf, the woman, the sentient crystal, and the horse arrive at the last bridge on the Seven Bridges Road. On the other side they can see Conuld, Shadya, Kurgahz and the tribe children, about to enter an inn.[/sblock]
Both parties see each other, and are reunited in front of the small in on the south west side of the bridge.

The inn is built of stone, separate from the bridge. It has a simple wooden covered area for a stable. A sign over the inn's front door labels it [smallcaps]The First and Furthest Inn[/smallcaps]. A look around brings the realization that the forest is retreating a bit from the road, and this last river doesn't flow as swift as the others.

[sblock=Cludge: ]The inn's construction is most likely human. It's definitely different from the bridge, though. Much newer, and somewhat lower quality.[/sblock]

OOC: Feel free to inform each other of the past few hours. If someone chooses to reveal everything, everybody can go read those sblocks, otherwise, you just get the summary given IC.

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Kurgahz, Shadya, and Conuld]"We should get some beds in the common room here," Shadya says. "Our friends can afford that." she says, directed towards Conuld.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair approaches the group.*

"I was successful in my negotiations."

*She continues in Sylvan:*

[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"Jilsa, I met with Jilna's father at the bridge. He heard my words, and he has called off the search and returned home. He had this to say:"[/SBLOCK]

*Lasair begins to speak in the River Folk's language.*

[SBLOCK=River Folk Language](OOC: So you've been reading these SBLOCKs all along and spying on the Sylvan talk, eh? Shame on you, you ninny! Nobody here speaks River Folk Language and Rae already knows what she said :p)[/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
"All is well, then," says Conuld, "except for the hole in my belly" - this with a glance at Samsa. "We had an uneventful day. Our guests were subdued and cooperative. We met a trader on the road - you must have overtaken him on your way here. He said that the next town is a day's travel away. It is called Antreil, and there the fenlands end, and the hills begin."

Remove ads