A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Kurgahz will only club those who are willing, and will agree to hit one of the others twice in place of the pregnant girl or to hit her in the legs, whichever. Any that are unwilling can refuse and carry the debt of honor for the rest of their lives for all Kurgahz cares. This is his one and only method of dealing with this so called debt. After this, he won't have anything to do with these eight. No healing, no help, no nothing. Out of the damages rolled above, make the higher ones for the guys and the lowest ones for the girls.[/sblock]

Last edited:

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:20 AC:15)

[sblock=Conuld] Standing in the doorway of the inn, Cludge sighs. His face looks haggard and worn as he regards the bar, so close. Yer all mad, ya know that? he snaps. Turning on his heel he stomps outside again, swinging the door wide. [/sblock]

The door to the inn swings open and Cludge stomps out, his brow furrowed.
KURGHAZ he bellows. Think about what yer doin' lad, befores ye strike 'em. Ya wanna be better than a animal? Save yer rage fer the battlefield. I've seen ya fight with honour. If that's important to ya, then think about what honour there is in beatin' defenseless people. Gotta be another way, an' I said my piece on that.

He turns to the riverfolk. Ya wanna champion ta fight fer ya? I'll ge bare knuckles wit Kugharz here if ya hire me. He can lay a beatin' on me, then we can all go drink ale.
An' YOU, he says, swingin to point at Lasair, You'd let this happen? Well, if that's tha way ya wanna play it, I WANT NO PART O' IT. Yer a bright lass, but ya gotta learn OUR ways as well as insistin' alla time we follow the vach and the zeej. Which, you ain't really esplained to us. I ain't the the smartest o' Mother Slatefist's chilren, but Azwan's bollocks, girl, give us a chance ta unnerstan' what it's about.

AN ALLA YA, STOP ACTIN' LIKE A BUNCHA EEJITS! he says to no-one in particular.
I'll be at the bar if ya needs me, he says, and stomps back to the inn.

[sblock=Intimidate check] Against everyone: 13[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"Azwan's bollocks," says Conuld from the doorway, "are like Russna's eyes, only lower. Now why can I not get my point across like that?" He follows Cludge as he goes back inside.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Although technically the Intimidate, Bluff, and Diplomacy skills cannot actually be used against other PCs except for Feinting and Demoralising, or else Lasair could just Diplomacy you all, I do like to roll and have it affect my roleplaying, but that's just me. Anyway, Lasair is not cowed by Cludge's yelling)

"Cludge, Kurghaz is doing the best he can, and I will give him credit for it. He's only going to beat those who specifically volunteer for it as a way of regaining their vhal in his eyes."

"As for vhal and zij, I've been trying and trying to explain them...let me see if I can come up with something better...Okay, this is the best I have. If none can understand it after this, I give up:

Vhal is something like what you Westerners call 'honour', but I have been told by Westerners that some claim to have 'honour' but do not have vhal because they mistreat all except nobles, so vhal is maybe like this 'honour' except less corrupt. For the purpose of this explanation, I shall replace the word vhal with honour from now on in case it is just the word that confuses you. Zij is something you have when your honour is compromised, and you repay your zij to restore your honour. It's like a debt. Call it a debt of honour. So, when you do something like, for instance, attack some travelers on the road, you have a debt of honour to them. It's an internal thing. The travelers can show you that they respect and care for your honour by helping you repay that debt. If they refuse to help, that means they think that either your act is unforgivable or that you have no honour at all. The more repayment demanded, the greater the respect for the true honour of those with the debt, for those with great honour have the most to repay with dishonourable actions. Those who deface their honour again and again and again with no regard for any debt to pay, for instance the ogre who killed travelers and took their wealth with no remorse, have no honour at all. They are no better than animals."

*Lasair takes a deep breath.*

"That is my best explanation. If it was not enough, I am sorry."

AGFlynn

First Post

(OOC: Agreed, the intimidate check was mostly just for flavour ;) As it was, he probably just came across as shrill and PO'ed)

Cludge pauses in the doorway, and turns to listen to Lasair. He sighs. I think I gets it, miss, he says. That's purty much what I thought. But I still says it makes no sense to beat people up fer no good reason. That really how vhal and jiv work? Really, it's that simple? Like I said, I ain't smart, but doin' wrong ta them don't make it right what they done wrong ta my mind. He pauses.
Look, like I said, I'm just a soljer. All I know is fightin'. When people don't fight back, I genrally leaves 'em alone - that goes fer orcs an' ogers too, damn their hides, he says with a nod to Kurghaz.
You folks do what ya gotta do. C'mon Connie, I been doin' too much thinkin' taday 'n me head aches. Less go get that beer.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, it isn't always a whipping. It could be other sorts of atonement, like the tal zij service. It isn't doing wrong if it is what they want. The point of the action is that it is taken out of respect of the one who lost their vhal, their honour. The whipping will leave them sore when they sit down for a few days, but as the pain fades, so does their zij, their debt, and afterwards it is as if they had never done the deeds to tarnish their vhal. It is better than the way some people in Western lands hold grudges against their brethren and use their past mistakes against them. If it is not what they want, Conuld may be right after all and this all may be a misunderstanding. In that case, they may simply leave. I am waiting to hear from Jilsa on that."

AGFlynn

First Post

Cludges nods at Lasair. Yes, miss, I see. B'lieve me, I felt the pain o' their lack o' honour quite personal like. An' they been nothin' but trouble. Tell 'em for me I forgive 'em. I'll let 'em offa tha hook cause I know they's suffered. Far as I kin tell, givin' mercy's a honnerable thing, too.
He turns and slowly enters the inn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair cocks her head.*

"That may be what you would do, I guess, but if I am correct and they follow a way similar to mine, that will be a depressing insult to their vhal and their worth as a person. Let me see what Jilsa says first. I became excited because they seemed to have the same ways here, but I may have been mistaken. You may well be right."

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld opens his mouth, but closes it again without speaking, and finally makes it all the way inside. "Beer, please," he says when he reaches the innkeeper. "Do you prefer your beer cold for thirst-quenching, or warmer to appreciate the flavour?" he asks Cludge. "Because for the better part of an hour, I can make adjustments."

AGFlynn

First Post

[sblock=Conuld] Cludge manages a smile, thumping down on a barstool. I could go fer a cold 'un, Connie, Enworphant praise ya. He plonks his clasped hands down on the bar in front of him.
Ya think I was too hard on her, Connie? She's a nice girl an' I know I shouldna innerfere inna thing I knows little enough about. Jus' seems ta me we're all gettin' a wee bit short wit' one another. P'raps its jes bein' on the road an' all, in such close quarters. He sighs. Don' like the thought o' them kids bein' beat up an' all. Sure, maybe it'll heal their honner, but what about their self-estream? Domut na griven, m'klain, b'bruz na grive, as we say in ma clan. When a be stings ya, it hurts, but ye can't sting it back.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases