A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"I see. That is very interesting, about these thalassa. It is why Fen addressed all four of you as his children, I see."

"Hmm, I had thought maybe the lands of water were sacred to your Galatea. I bet they have a big one of those--what was that place called again...ah right temples, Westerners have temples to emotional parasites--I bet they might have a big temple of Galatea up there. If Galatea's ways are kind, unlike the horrific drowning you described as traditional amongst your people, perhaps some authority figure of Galatea can tell your people that they are doing her things wrong?"[/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Gee, it doesn't pay to sleep round here.

Conuld stares as Lasair and Shadya and the riverfolk girls come in supporting the sagging bodies of Jonka and Jonda. Absently he cools Cludge's proferred tankard. "What's done's done," he says to himself. "Move on." Turning back to Hendrik, he thanks him for the food. "Broccoli is most satisfactory. It is very good for the health of the blood, according to the writings of the herbalists. You might be seeing your friend Fehl again sooner than you thought. When we mentioned the ogre and the damaged bridge, he turned his wagon around and headed back this way, but we outpaced him." He keeps half an ear on the Sylvan chatter behind him.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hendrik chuckles at that. "Is he now? I told that old fool he should hire a guard, but he seems to think he can take care of bandits and wild beasts on his own. He may be a wizard, but I don't think he could hold his own against a gang of eight bandits! Well, he'll be up in the bridal suite, so you needn't worry about sharing a room with him."

When Conuld finishes his plate, he gathers it and cleans it, and says, "Two silver will cover that meal, tonight's dinner, and breakfast tomorrow. Or you can pay one now and one later for either one of the other meals. It's a two-for-one, see? My pal Greg started doing it at his place a few months ago, seems customers like a deal." Hendrik winks.

Back in the Lasair-Jilsa conversation...
[sblock=Sylvan: ]"The priests are very set in their ways. We tried to open their minds, just a little, but their stubbornness is impossible to deal with. Perhaps a Galatean priest from... from Thalassa would convince them, but I think not. I, for one, have given up on them."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"I see. That is, of course, your prerogative. But you will be able to find your own path out in the world. However, I would warn you to not expect understanding of your custom of thalassa from random Westerners, so as such, it may be more difficult to succeed in growing yours."[/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
"The difficulty is targeting them all with a spell before they can close around you," says Conuld, though Henrik is unlikely to want to discuss arcane tactics. "Well, when he arrives, if I am upstairs, mention my presence to him. Perhaps we can talk shop for a while." [sblock=Sylvan]"Perhaps the trader in magical goods could locate Samsa and his companions in Antreil and hire them. It would suit my particular sense of justice if they were to find honest work guarding the wagon from real bandits. They need not go all the way to Orussus with him."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"They could certainly try. I, for one, would not trust him guarding my goods. He lacks vhal and considers himself entitled to do wrong without consequences to himself. That's how you can tell someone you can never trust--he looked relieved, and probably felt lucky when he found out there was an option to leave without repaying what he did."[/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld turns back to face Hendrik, with his shoulders a little hunched. He has no intention of whacking this beehive with a stick again today.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz pays the innkeeper a gold piece for a private room. "Thanks fer the extra food and drink. How much fer a small keg?" he asks with a straight face while walking over to the bar to join Cludge and Conuld.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Thank you, sir. A gold will do just fine. A full keg? Uh, well, that would be two silver. You... you plan to drink it now? Would you like... a pitcher?" Hendrik hesitates before grinning sheepishly at Kurgahz. He grabs a small wooden keg from the shelf behind him, which contains a gallon of beer. He also gets a pitcher. He places both of them before the half-orc. As Kurgahz prepares his drink, Hendrik grabs a large key from the wall. It has a crown on it. He hands it to Kurgahz. "Royal Suite for you, sir."

Hendrik slides the coin into a bag on his belt. He claps his hands and rubs them together. "I do love having so many guests all at once! Lunch for anyone? Or a snack? Mr. Conuld, sir, that silver will pay for more than just bread and cheese. Oh, and I'll get a stew started for tonight." Mr. Gellmann happily goes about preparing food and drinks for anyone who asks.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fast forward to the evening...

A couple of hours before dusk, a man in an orange floppy hat enters the inn common room. Hendrik and Fehl greet each other with an embrace and a hearty slap on the back. Hendrik gives him a key (with a chest on it) and pours him a mug. Fehl greets everybody with a friendly hello, you all know each other from passing on the road. About the time that Fehl arrives, Jonka emerges from his room. His hand is on the back of his head, and he nods groggily to everybody. Fehl introduces himself, Jonka stares at him, smiles, and says, "Jonka." He gives the wizard trader a small bow and sits down at the bar. Hendrik brings him a mug of ale, and he takes a little sip, smiling weakly. Jilna sits next to him, and they converse in the river tongue.

Just after sundown Jonda joins the gang in the common room. And a group of three more travelers also trudges in. They're men dressed in leather armor, they look tough and carry well-used weapons, much like yourselves. They just left Antreil that morning. They introduce themselves as "Kurt", "Hallon", and "Sarrack". Hendrik gives them the last room.

The innkeeper is overjoyed. "Almost a full house tonight! Stews not quite finished, but there's plenty of bread and cheese to go around. Wine, anyone? I have a plenty of pitchers of the common stuff, and a few bottles of Elven as well. Moontear, it's called. A fine year, well worth the ten gold, I think." He takes the bottle of red down from a shelf behind the counter displays it. "A full inn like this needs some entertainment. Anybody good with a lute?" Hallon grins and pulls one out of his pack. He takes a seat on a table, first playing a local folk tune, then a classical piece.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases