A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Lasair...Lasair! Good morning, Lasair! Come on, sleepy head! Get up!'

'Huh?'

'Gotta get ready. It will be time to go soon. Let's check on Jilsa and the others!'

'Why are you so eager, Meliana?'

'You'll see!'

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Just was rereading some of the pages after we beat the Ogre and saw a suit of Banded Mail nobody claimed for use. This was right when I was offline for a couple weeks moving from Indiana to Florida so I didn't catch it then or when I came back. If noone else is interested, could I have Kurgahz go ahead and snatch it up to use? He could use the boost to his AC and no better time than when the character is already being reviewed for leveling up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Slight request--I'm going to assume you are handing out at least 1 month worth of time XP. Why? Because Lasair is down less than 100 XP to level up, and time XP gives her 200 per month, so since everybody else has to wait for approval now, it will save you time Rae if Lasair is being approved simultaneously instead of just afterwards. If you like, I won't apply the level until later, but I'd like to get the approval out of the way.
Since you've already emailed the character judges, I'll allow it. :) But honestly, I did chuckle when I checked Lasair's XP, and I was secretly happy, because it meant that for at least one battle, the level disparity wouldn't be so great.

So everybody: Apply 100 XP of real-time XP this morning. This is purely for the sake of expediting the approval process, so keep a version of your unleveled character if this extra XP puts you over the top. ;) (It's to the character's benefit to receive real-time XP later anyway, since it's based on level. And heck, we've only been at this for 2 months, it's not that much XP. Fastest LEW game ever??)

On a different matter: If you could all consolidate the loot, where it is, exactly what's on what horse, and how much the kiddies are going to be carrying, that would be great. Once you've determined where it all is, I'd like a post with your horse's (horses' in Shadya's case) travel info, specifically: weight carried, load, and move speed. I've been fudging the travel rules a bit to get things moving, but I'd like to do it by the book for the sake of any future Sairundan expeditions.

Back to the game!

--------------------------

Here's the time block for yesterday - Battling Bandits on the Bridge Day. I should've posted it when everybody went to sleep.

(Subtract 1 day feed, Lasair: subtract 1 day trail rations)
(One night at a common inn, 5sp*8 people=4gp. Travel Fund: -4gp. Kurgahz, subtract 5sp for upgrade to large room)
(3 common meals w/ twofer deal, 2sp*8 people=1gp. Travel Fund: -1.6gp)
[Distance traveled: 909+ 24 = 933 miles]
[Time: 22 days]

Other expenses:
Whatever you drank, but the first drink was free

Hendrik tries to answer Cludge's question about dwarven smiths, "You know, I'm not quite sure. I haven't purchased a weapon in a long time, and there very well could be a dwarven smith. If not, I'm sure a human one will do in a pinch." He gives Cludge a wink.

Jilna and Jilsa emerge from the girl's room around the same time as Solange. They seem peppy and optimistic, glad that the morning brings a new day and a chance to redeem themselves. Jonda and Jonka come out later, more than a little groggy. Their wounds have not yet healed, but Jonka at least is happy to be with Jilsa Jilna. Jonda, you've noticed, hasn't smiled at all. He remains quietly observant, barely contributing to the babbling river tongue chatter of the girls and Jonka.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Jilna and Jilsa emerge from the girl's room around the same time as Shadya. They seem peppy and optimistic, glad that the morning brings a new day and a chance to redeem themselves. Jonda and Jonka come out later, more than a little groggy. Their wounds have not yet healed, but Jonka at least is happy to be with Jilsa. Jonda, you've noticed, hasn't smiled at all. He remains quietly observant, barely contributing to the babbling river tongue chatter of the girls and Jonka.
"Good morning," says Conuld, repeating the greeting in Sylvan for Jilsa. "If no one has any objection, I should like to keep that strange bat-summoning bag that caused me a little trouble. I think I might perhaps learn something from examining it." When the boys appear, Conuld asks of Jilsa, "Is there anything we can do to cheer up Jonda? If we are to travel together, it would be better if we were all friends. Though perhaps that is asking a little too much with respect to Kurgahz. And I am not quite certain how Lasair feels about you all, though it seems to me she regards you and Jilna at least with some fondness. You are most fortunate."
[sblock=Spells prepared](0) Detect Magic; Ray of Frost; Ghost Sound (DC 14); Message; Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person (DC 14); Color Spray (DC 15); Silent Image (DC 15); Grease (DC 14)
(2) Extended Mage Armor; Cat's Grace; Scorching Ray
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Conuld has a light horse. It needs to lose 126 lb or so to bear a light load. Well, less, if I assume it has consumed some of the 80 lb of horse feed it has been carrying. I've been remiss in tracking the use of that. He and Shadya each carry one of the CLW potions. Anyone want the other two, whatever they are? And I assume we're going to return the four J's weapons to them now?[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Since you've already emailed the character judges, I'll allow it. But honestly, I did chuckle when I checked Lasair's XP, and I was secretly happy, because it meant that for at least one battle, the level disparity wouldn't be so great.

(OOC: I hope you don't think I was going over your head. I was pretty confident I was going to get that last smidgeon of XP because if you had said No to my request, I would have then asked to spend one of my 30ish GM credits to the same effect ;) And hey, even if you just don't apply the time XP or GM credit because you're really intent on keeping her a level behind, at least the judges will already be prepared, right?

I agree about the benefits of applying time XP later. I pull that trick too to benefit my lowbie buddies.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC 2: I think Jonka is happy to be with Jilna, not Jilsa ;) Oh, should I then have Meliana not try to talk to people today? I'll need to know before I have Lasair come in to talk to the River Folk)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
No problem, it was a reasonable request. :) And I'm sorry, but no, Meliana will not be able to communicate telepathically just yet. The level gain will not come into effect until the experience actually resolves.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: In that case, don't feel obligated to give us any time XP, since whatever encounter you're hoping to throw will do the work for us, I think. Interestingly, Lasair wasn't adding any attack powers, so unless the enemies use lots of buff spells or are invisible, she wouldn't have really been more effective. The huge boost is at level 6 when she can Overchannel a delicious 2d4 Charisma damage Ego Whip :))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases