A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Alright--looking at posts so far, it seems I am entirely unsure as to the exact weight carried by Lasair's horse. Lasair has been, ever since the onset, fairly hands-off with the details of money and supplies. The idea with the four Riverfolk is to make them carry things until they are all teetering on the edge and about to go into Medium Load. Ideally Lasair would make them carry more so they have to work harder, but then they wouldn't be able to actually keep up with the horses at all. If you want us to just do the math out here for you quickly so we can advance, could you give us their four Strength scores?)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Yeah, it'd be best if you guys could do the math. For some mysterious reason, three adventures all awarded XP yesterday, and I've had LEW character approval requests pouring into my mailbox, so I'm pretty swamped. The kids all have 12 STR and 12 CON.

Food stocks can be replenished in Antreil.

Also, I'd like to thank Knight Otu for being our judge up until this point, and I'd also like to welcome Manzanita, who will be our judge for the remainder of the adventure. Thanks, Manzanita!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The kids will then take 172 pounds of our junk between them. That should be enough to bring the horses to light load, hopefully

Oh, and apologies for my part in the XP mess!)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: I hate to break it to you, but Felynadaint, Conuld's loathed light horse, is not going to reach a light load (150 lb). With skinny Conuld stark naked (aiee! no!) and a saddle, it has 5 lb capacity left. Maybe if Jilsa or Jilna is a tiny waif, we could do it. We could use it just as a pack horse and have Conuld walk. He'd be happy with that. Or perhaps we'll have to swap it for a heavy horse in Antreil.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Does it matter if our mounts are lightly loaded? Per the PHB, the cart that we procured to haul all our feed can only go 16 mi per day anyway. I'd have to pack on more than 690 pounds of stuff on Kurgahz's Light Warhorse to go that slow. Even Conuld's horse could carry 450 pounds before dropping away from 32 mi per day.

If I have Kurgahz's mount carry him (295#), his gear from his character sheet(80#), and all his food, feed, water, etc. from his travel fund(294#) it totals to 669 # which is still a medium load for his mount and leaves it moving at 32 mi/day. However, if we re-provision to fill up to what he originally had bought, it would make his mount heavily encumbered. Would that just slow it down to the same speed as the cart then?

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I didn't realise we had a cart slowing us down. That could have been a huge issue in previous combats or in logistics if Lasair hadn't handled Jilsa's father on the bridge

Fortunately starting clothing doesn't count for encumbrance though)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases