A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Phoenix8008

First Post
I must be misrembering talk of a cart back when we got started. That's what I get for not going back and actually rereading the posts... :heh:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair's Handy Haversack can hold 120 lbs. The kids can hold 172. Ox can hold 230. How much does all our junk weigh? Less than 522 lbs? If so, we're good)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Like I said, Kurgahz's stuff can all be carried by him right now. If we re-provision back up to what we left Orssus with, he will have 65 or so pounds of stuff he can't carry without going over to a heavy load. So that much would need to be carried somewhere else once that happens.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Light if possible--it should be feasible assuming that all the fat people (people who weigh over 150 lbs) have Warhorses (Kurghaz does at least, apparently). It may not though--if we all had Light Warhorses, it would be different. Once you get to Medium Load, it doesn't really matter, since you've already lost 1/3 of the speed)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Mine isn't going to get to light unless Kurgahz isn't riding it. By himself, he's 295 pounds (EDIT: 220 pounds naked, wearing 80 pounds of armor, weapons, and gear), which already puts a light warhorse into medium load. With his armor on, he can only walk 16 miles per day which is half what he could do riding his light warhorse with a medium load.

EDIT: So Kurgahz naked riding a saddled Light warhorse already makes it a medium load. Not a sight any of us want to ponder! :eek: :confused: :eek:

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well if we have to go at speed 40, I think there's no need for precise bookkeeping--we can do that with our eyes closed because all the allowed weights I listed double except the Haversack. Lasair will intentionally medium encumber the four children so they have to work harder to keep up)

Solange

First Post
OOC: Yeah, Ox moved faster, and carried almost as much. I can actualy put him at heavy encumberance I think, to load up on food and feed. Rae, I believe we exhausted just about every food supply Ox was carrying, so I'll just repay for what he has, and load him up a bit more so we can go a bit further before restocking.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think so. The math on the Tal Zij is that they are going to be Hustling at a medium load for 3 hours and Forced March for 2, with a switch-up to put them in light load after the 3 hours of Hustling (which is also when the horses will pull ahead). This will allow them to keep pace with the encumbered horse in return for fatigue and a small amount of nonlethal damage (at least 3, on average around 6). The first day we can give them a light load so that they don't need to Forced March and need only Hustle, taking exactly 3 nonlethal. This way, the ones who were previously injured won't possibly nonlethal themselves unconscious. If we have literally no other use for Kurghaz's spells and he's about to prepare new ones anyway, he can probably just heal that after one day anyway. Otherwise it will come back soon enough just from resting. Once they are healthy, we'll do the medium->light strategy. In any case, that won't affect the movement speed, which shall remain ~32 miles)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases