A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Indeed. Well, the first reference is to "a day", so I imagine that can be an 8 hour period, which Conuld could have spent at any time during the last couple of weeks of travel. If that's right, we need only stay in Antreil tomorrow. Any idea where I look for clarification?

Solange

First Post
OOC: I'd think it's a day, as in you really can't do much else (summon a familiar, craft, etc), not it actualy takes 24 hours. But I'm not a judge.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: definitely an 8 hour day to comprehend the spell, which could have happened off-stage previously (and almost certainly did during the first several weeks that were covered in a single opening post), but it is explicitly 24 hours to transcribe to book. But I'm sure it isn't an actual 24 hours of non-stop work, though, is it? There must be time to eat and sleep, surely? In fact, I bet it's really just another 8 hours of activity - but a different sort of 8 hours that cannot be combined with any other doings, as you (Solange) just said, as opposed to an 8 hours that can, like the initial spell study, as Rystil Arden said. Hmmm.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: The more I think about it, the more sense that makes. "24 hours" is definitely a vague statement, as opposed to "a day, during which no other activities may be undertaken" or "24 consecutive hours", or any of the other ways it could have been phrased to exclude the possibility of snatching an hour here and an hour there until 24 have been spent. Still... probably best and easiest if the group just spends a day mooching about Antreil. If Conuld needs 24 hours of solid work, he can start right now, be fatigued for most of the next day while he works, then can get a good night's sleep before we leave. If it's just 8 hours of work in a day during which nothing else can be done, then there's no problem at all.
In which case, here's a formal statement for later reference:

Conuld settles into a private room in an inn in Antreil, and busies himself transcribing the spell Endure Elements into his spellbook in his own arcane formulation.

OOC: spending 100 gp; consuming 1 scroll of Endure Elements.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz spends his time customizing the banded mail armor he has switched to in order to make it more comfortable. He keeps mostly to himself, speaking if spoken to but not much else. "How far until we start getting into the desert proper?" he asks the others before leaving Antreil.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: And so I return! Thanks for waiting for me. I need to get settled again, so I may not be posting as often as I'd like for the next week or so, but I'll be around.

Fehl obviously isn't in Antreil when you arrive, but Mr. Felton is working the counter at 'Tons' magic store. When you present the bag to him, he gives it a thorough examining and removes one of the balls, which again turns into a bat, which flits about Mr. Felton's head. He nods and says, "An interesting bag, but not the most useful I've ever seen. I can give you... 30 dragons for it." After some haggling, you work him up to 45, "But no more than that!" As he takes the bag and writes you a bill of lading to fill at the local bank, he mutters, "I'll never make a profit off this thing." The bank cashes the bill for you, and 45 platinum pieces are now yours.

You check into a decent inn and have a decent dinner.

5sp per person sleeping in the inn (I have a feeling Lasair and the Four J's will be sleeping outside)
3sp per person eating dinner in town (or subtract 1 day's trail rations)
[Distance traveled: 933 + 24 = 957 miles]
[Time: 23 days]

Cludge obtains his throwing axes for the standard price.

Conuld's scroll is scribed in a short enough time period that the party need only stay in Antreil for one day.

Asking around the tavern, you find out that the hills become rockier and harsher as you head southeast, and a mountain range eventually emerges to the south. When he arrives, Fehl tells you about the trip to Sairundan. It's about a month's travel to the desert, and then another month through the desert to the Sairundan capital city, Helatia.

Kurgahz asks Fehl about the settlements between Antreil and the desert edge. Fehl seems put off when the half-orc addresses him. "Eh, yes, there are towns here and there," he answers dismissively. He mentions something about hiring a guard for his cargo and bids you all farewell.

Throughout the day you eat some food. For the night, you go back to the same inn.

5sp per person sleeping in the inn (Lasair and co. outside again?)
6sp per person eating food in town (or subtract 1 day's trail rations)
[Distance traveled: 957 + 0 = 957 miles]
[Time: 24 days]

It's now the morning, Conuld's scroll is finished, and the soft, rolling hills stretch out before you.

OOC: Anything I missed before we move on? Yes, I missed stuff, and hopefully the magenta text takes care of all that.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz will refill his traveling supplies in Antreil before leaving. I'll edit this tomorrow to post the details. Gotta get some sleep for now...

See post below...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases