A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: that's everything, I think, except dealing with the haul from the ogre bandit. Kurgahz is keeping the armour (250 gp new). Does anyone want the MW longsword (Cludge? Poor Martha, though she's a greatsword)? Otherwise, we could get 157.5 gp for it, and a pittance of 7.5 gp for the other longsword. I think we should keep the everburning torch... always useful.
We meant to exchange the ogre's silver and copper for lighter coinage. We found 13 gold, 340 silvers, and 2345 pennies, weighing just short of 54 lb.
If we sell the above, that's 235.45 gp total.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Purchased 8 days of horsefeed and 7 days of trail rations to refill his travel supplies.

Kurgahz will inquire with Fehl as to how much civilization there is between here and the desert's edge. Are there any more towns for resuplying and such, for instance.

Another question for the DM: are we on day 22 or day 23 now?

Solange

First Post
OOC: I'm all for selling the sword. I still need to do trip accounting, but I'll try to get that done in the next few hours.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Okay, I edited my last post to reflect some of the questions. Solange, thanks for doing the math. If you could post it, that would be great. I especially want a final weight distribution and a per day speed. The longstrider enchantment (which I like) will extend a little beyond Antreil, but I'll take that into account, so don't worry about it.

Also, in the hypothetical scenario that an encounter occurs in the hills, I think we should assign each J to a PC. Or one PC can control them all. I can give you character sheets, if you want. How does that sound?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I believe that it cannot possibly be faster than 32, so 32 it is. Weight distribution, particularly with the heavy coins traded in, Lasair's Handy Haversack available, and the ability to keep the horses in medium load (might as well if some of them will be) should make it trivial to distribute the weight. As per my above post a while back, the 'J' kids will also be given a medium load for the first leg of each day, not because we need them to do it but to make them exert themselves more. They will probably be exhausted by the end of each day. If necessary, Lasair can take charge of them. She'll want to have them stay out of any fights)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It's worth noting that the tal zij, by virtue of their lack of horses, will be making up a tad of the lost ground by Forced Marching, which means that they will fall behind a bit before that happens. This means that they will fall behind one mile at a time starting from hour three of the day, making up the lost six miles by forced marching for two hours at the end of the day. While they're around, I'd imagine they would just be inserted in the middle of our marching order, around the packhorse. But for the vast majority, they'll be a ways back, too far for Meliana to communicate with Lasair either. Of course, since they'll be moving fairly quickly, I'd imagine most encounters would have to be from in front anyway, so they'd hit the main group first.

There's another configuration to use that may be a bit safer--it relies on the fact that Hustling once per day is free. It involves having the party move at normal speed the first two hours (the tal zij keep up because they were already Hustling here anyway), then slow to 3/4 speed for four hours. Then they move up to normal speed for one more hour, and then Hustle for the last hour. That adds up to 4 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 8 = 32. It also keeps everyone together for 6/8 hours, and they're within one mile for the seventh hour as well, so Meliana can keep contact)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It's complex, but it's only necessary if we can expect the poor River Folk to be assaulted and killed by something behind us or to the side if the group splits up, rather than the PCs being attacked. If we can abstract those away, the far simpler 'everyone on horseback always travels at normal speed' plan will be just fine)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases