A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Rystil, you might have been in Japan at the time... I forget. We were all given 400 crowns for personal expenses, and then later an additional 50 crowns in a mysterious favourable banking exchange. I guess the Orussian ennie was down against the Sairundan er... sand dollar. ;) From that 450 gp, we chipped in 150 each for the Wand of CLW.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, I must have known we had cash at some point with the suggestion of Plane Shift, but I don't think I remembered getting any. If someone had asked, Lasair would have just bought the wand herself, actually. Anyways, I checked and it seems we did indeed receive 3000 gold, so I suppose 750 was for travel funds and then another 750 for the wand, so I should add 300 gp in platinum to Lasair)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Solange in post #70 said:
Shadya walks into the office with her note from Joe, and emerges with a bag of coin. She counts out and hands each of the party members their 40 dragons, and tucks some away for herself.
Well, either way we've been mooching off her dad, because the travel funds were from him to begin with. I just assumed that was for provisioning and supplies for the whole journey and not advance payment for the services. I thought we were to use the 450gp to get there and once done, we'd get paid for services rendered (along with keeping booty we find along the way! ;) )

The question now is which way we reconcile it... (sorry to be a bother :eek: )

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: how conveeeeenient. :p I think the crucial passage was this:
Solange said:
"Yes, I need to turn this note from Joe into money, but I should have 40 Dragons for each of you for helping me and for personal supplies. I'll have a budget for group supplies as well, such as a cart or pack horse, and a tarp or two to keep the sun off during midday," Shadya says.
It's all Shadya's fault for being vague. I took 'personal supplies' to be the things we could keep or have permanent benefit from - our horses, Conuld's scroll of Endure Elements, CLW wand etc., and the group budget to cover the mundane costs of the travel - food and minimal lodging, essentially.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

OOC: That sounds good. I'll have to add 300 g.p. (Minus 16 g.p. for axes) to Cludge too. I think I bought my horse and food for it too. Damn bookeeping.

Solange

First Post
OOC: Yeah, there was a hunk given to everyone initialy, and she kept some for group expenses. I've been paying expenses for everyone I believe, but it was suggested you buy some of your own food as well. And I thought I was pretty specific, at least in some OOC posts where I asked if people were eating the party food or their own (and never got any responces either :p)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]So, out of this:
Phoenix8008 said:
Remaining travel money: 33 GP (Edit: +50 GP from revision later) = 83 GP
--minus 5 SP for private room at Furthest & Farthest Inn = 82 GP 5SP
--minus 2 SP for a 1 gal. keg of ale - 82 GP, 3 SP
--minus 4 SP for 8 more days horse feed in Antreil - 81 GP, 9 SP
--minus 3 GP and 5 SP for 7 days of trail rations in Antreil - 78 GP, 4 SP
--minus 5 SP for private room 2nd day at Furthest & Farthest - 77 GP, 9 SP
--minus 6 SP for food at Furthest & Farthest Inn on day 23 - 77 GP, 3 SP
which things would you have already paid for via Shadya so I can take them off this list and replace the money spent?

My understanding was that she paid the regular fee for a room for Kurgahz and he paid the remainder to make it a private room both nights. I also assumed that he paid for his own keg of ale. He paid for reprovisioning his own stocks of horse feed and trail rations as well I thought since you had said we should buy some food and stuff on our own. So, out of the above, my guess would be that she maybe paid for the last 6 SP for his food at the Inn the last day they were there? Tell me if you wanna do something different and I'll change what I've got recorded.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] What's missing from Conuld's tally is replacement horsefeed - he bought his own initial 8 day supply, and subsequent feed hasn't been accounted for. I said once as a throwaway that perhaps the reason his horse didn't like him was because he had stinted on the feed, so since 24 days at 5cp/day is 1 gp 2 sp, I'll subtract a nice round 1 gp, assuming that the horse was forced to graze for 4 days of the 24. From now on, I'll try to remember to spend 3.5 sp/week, give or take, whenever we reach a place where we can resupply.

As for trail rations, we've been eating evening meals in inns almost every day, no? And breakfast? I can't remember. Let's say not. So he's been eating 2/3 of a trail ration per day, or 16 of them, roughly. That's another 8 gp. Okay, now that's starting to hurt. That's almost the cost of one scroll. But never let it be said that Conuld does not pay his own way![/sblock]

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
OOC: Not sure, she did pay regular room costs for everyone, so private rooms are your expense. There was a lot of public feed on the pack horse, which should have helped for the long journy, and loading up shadya's own horse will supplies will help with any other issues as well.

Remove ads