A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I guess that works--we'll definitely start keeping weird hours in the desert to avoid the sun, but I figured the default start at dawn for now. Either way)

"On the other hand, if countless travelers have determined the ruins to be safe on the main thoroughfare but dangerous in the recesses, it actually gives us the advantage that unrelated hazards, like that ogre, would have difficulty reaching us here. Either way is fine with me. Do we know if the ruins are narrow enough that we can pass them in a day if we wait here? I would suppose so--I've not yet seen one of your Western cities that would be so large."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Trouvere said:
"Am I to understand that dwarves and elves lived together in this city at one time? Remarkable. Well, I certainly do not think we should disturb burial places or go hunting for hidden treasure vaults. But if we take a slightly more roundabout route through the city, perhaps there will be time to examine any surviving inscriptions or monuments we come across. Of course, I do not read Dwarven. Still, there are several ways around that," remarks Conuld. "Still, have you noted the fog? I think I would prefer to spend the night out here in the open, not amongst the fallen stones, unless we can find a building that is still in fair repair, before darkness falls."

Remarkable? Aye, I'd say so, says Cludge stretching his aching back after countless miles of riding. That infernal horse.... he grumbles.
Y'know Connie, seems ta me the dwarves I know has enough troubles livin' tergether without throwin' elves inter tha mix. No wonder the place fell down, he says. P'raps we should spend the night outside the walls then make our way through tomorrow.

Solange

First Post
"A curiosity, but I shall not hear the end of it from Father if I miss brother's cerimony because I was exploring ruins. Perhaps we can explore if we return this way," Shadya says. "If we can make it through in a day, it might be safe than camping in them in the middle of a road."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Anything could creep up on us from behind those old walls, and we wouldn't see it until it was right upon us," says Conuld. "I do not want to spend the night in the ruins. Call me superstitious or call me cowardly if you wish."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Fine. I guess we can camp outside the walls and try to make it all the way through tomorrow. Who wants to take first watch while we're stopped? I'll be happy to take last watch, but I need to do my prayers here at sunset and then get some sleep." Kurgahz says while dismounting from Scar and brushing off the dust from the road.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Unfortunatly, I may not be able to post any this weekend because my computer monitor at home has died. If we somehow get a new (or used) one hooked up this weekend I'll post, but otherwise I won't be back until Monday. Just wanted you all to know. (And just when we were getting going again... :( )

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: This is why I have two monitors, keeping the old one and using it as a second screen. Okay, not really, but protection from monitor issues is an added benefit)

Trouvere

Explorer
"Are the...the t-t-tal zij up to watching with us tonight? I think I will have trouble turning my back on that ominous archway. It would be nice to have someone else to share the duty tonight," says Conuld.

OOC: presumably the party has sorted this out already during the off-screen travel, but Lasair and Conuld need to take first or last watch in order to get 8 hours of rest (without "skill use, conversation, or any other fairly demanding...mental task). I'd suggest Conuld, Cludge, Shadya, Kurgahz, Lasair, with the Riverfolk keeping four of us company during our watches, unless they're completely wiped out. They need 9 hours to get from exhausted back to fully rested, I think. Does Kurgahz have the best Listen/Spot? Then he could be the one to watch alone.

OOC 2: I dread computer failures. I lived with a laptop with broken screen hinges, propped up on a fruit juice container, for weeks. :heh:

Remove ads