A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Oh, aye, Kurghaz, my good... fellow... sand is child o' the rock, ta be sure. But Dwarven bums were never made for sittin' on horses all day long. Ah'm jess lookin' forward ta when I kin set my feet on the good old ground agin.
He grins back at the half-orc. An' I wouldn' mind puttin' Martha ta use once agin. Haven't had a good brawl fer weeks now.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz, Half-Orc Cleric 2 (AC:16, HP: 18/18)

"I Agree with you, Cludge." Kurgahz comments as he sinks into a chair which creaks beneath his weight. "The boredom has nearly been worse than the ride itself. And that's sayin' somethin'."

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, Transmuter 3, HP 16/16, AC 12

"Thank you for your hospitality, Irid," says Conuld. "I would not say the journey has been wasted for those of us who had no need to go to Sairundan. I have spent my time watching my surroundings, the small animals and the plants of the undergrowth, and have learned some new things I could not have discovered in Orussus, except in books, which is not the same at all, I find. But now that we enter these windswept bare lands, I fear that I am at risk of boredom too."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Now, Connie, says Cludge with a smile, long as yer here ta entertain us with long stories in great detail 'bout magickle this 'n' that, ain't no way we can get properly bored, is there?

Trouvere

Explorer
"Really? I had rather thought that at times some eyes glazed over and attention wandered. But certainly I have some views on spells of evocation which our friend Tommy Worthallingham said were interesting if not commonly accepted, which I would be pleased to recount, during idle hours."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Those were my eyes glazing over...I think I feel it happening again..." Kurgahz says in a monotone with just a hint of sarcasm to make Conuld wonder how serious he was.

Solange

First Post
AGFlynn said:
Cludge sits down on a bench and wearily tugs off one of his boots. Emptying out a stream of sand, he looks up at Shayda with one eye shut against the gritty wind.
Beggin' yer pardon miss, we been on the road ferever. Might I ask if we're gettin' anywheres close ta yer home?
Shadya sniffs the air and nods, "Yes. The sands of the desert will be upon us soon, and the wetlands behind us. Soon, we will have to change how we travel during the day, for the midday sun is harsh."
Rae ArdGaoth said:
The wind blows constantly. There are no more trees, and even the grass seems to have a hard time surviving. The grass gives way to dirt, the dirt gives way to sand. A week out of that last settlement you reach a building called The Oasis. It's a small stone thing that looks millions of years old it's so weathered and beaten by the incessant wind. Inside is a small, leathery man. He greets you with a raspy voice, "Name's Irid. I got a few beds if you want 'em, an' water. You'll need it out there in the drylands, I'm the last sure place for a while."

Travel up to the day before arriving at The Oasis:
2*4*2 nights in settlements= Travel fund: -16sp (Assuming Lasair and co. outside)
-17 days' trail rations
[Distance traveled: 1677 + 11*32 = 2221 miles]
[Time: 57 days]
OOC: will note the stuff tomorow.

"Thank you Irid," Shadya says with a slight bow. "Your hospitality is generous, and we will be in need of food and water for our travels."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I think, in time, you will learn that the desert is anything but boring...once we reach it, you must focus your full attention on survival. Those that cannot do so, too used to the softer lands, do not survive."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Irid snorts with a meanhearted laugh, but the snort turns into a cough, then a fit of coughs. When he recovers he wheezes, "'Course ye'll need it. Last place for water's a week back, an' Psergei only knows when ye'll get another drink out there." He clears his throat, then asks, "How many'll be sleepin' in me beds tonight?"

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"I think, in time, you will learn that the desert is anything but boring...once we reach it, you must focus your full attention on survival. Those that cannot do so, too used to the softer lands, do not survive."
"The need to constantly maintain one's attention on mundane matters is its own form of monotony," comments Conuld. "And Kurgahz and I bring skills that perhaps are not so often seen in some deserts."
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Irid snorts with a meanhearted laugh, but the snort turns into a cough, then a fit of coughs. When he recovers he wheezes, "'Course ye'll need it. Last place for water's a week back, an' Psergei only knows when ye'll get another drink out there." He clears his throat, then asks, "How many'll be sleepin' in me beds tonight?"
"Four of us only. One prefers to sleep outside, and the preferences of the four last are held in small account," Conuld answers. "Excuse my ignorance, but is Psergei a deity worshipped by the people of these parts?"

Remove ads