A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The need to constantly maintain one's attention on mundane matters is its own form of monotony,"

"Oh, it most certainly can be. But allowing yourself to be hypnotised in that way is a route to disaster. I would not see you fall if I could prevent it, Conuld."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Well, with you and Shadya, both desert folk, and one a native, we shall have as capable guides as we could wish for," replies Conuld.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Conuld said:
"Excuse my ignorance, but is Psergei a deity worshipped by the people of these parts?"
Irid's eyes dart to Shadya for a moment before he answers evasively, "Eh, not from these parts, no."

He rubs his dusty hands together nervously, and then after an awkward pause he says, "Yeh, it's two shields a night. An' to fill up your waterskin at the well it's two crowns."

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld frowns. "Per waterskin? You are fortunate to have a well, if water is so scarce. You could make money carrying wagonloads of water in barrels here from the lands of the riverfolk, though they are many leagues distant. Speaking of which, do you have a barrel or tub or some other container that we might purchase from you?"
Conuld talks softly to the others. "Perhaps from this point of our journey, Kurgahz, we will need you to pray to... to... er, pray for the power to create water for us, in a tub, and we can refill our waterskins from it each day."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"A barrel? Yeh, I got barrels o' water. Holds fifteen gallons, thirty crowns fer one, comes filled up with well water. Int'rested?"

[sblock=Lasair: ]In another moment of utter clarity, Lasair focuses her inner eye and suddenly the ziivash of the world around her becomes crystal clear. Irid's aura wavers agitatedly; he hates it here. A tight, golden cord (a concentration of ziivash indicating willing servitude) leaves his chest and travels through the walls of the stone house and in a south easterly direction, towards where the Tower of Fire burns. Irid dislikes every one of you, but he's a greedy old man and values your coin more than his comfort. Also, he doesn't just dislike Shadya, he despises her, though he has only just met her.

Despite his strong, hateful feelings, he intends you no harm. He is attempting to disguise his true feelings towards everybody, and he's succeeding somewhat by only appearing generally grumpy.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Kn: Religion (DC: 10)]Psergei is the Goddess of Fire.
[sblock=Kn: Religion (DC: 15)]Psergei is not well known in the Central Lands, probably because she is an evil deity from the Lands of Fire, whose worshipers are prone to blatant arson and wanton, warrantless destruction. Most of her followers in the Central Lands have either been executed, exiled, or forced into hiding.
[sblock=Kn: Religion (DC: 20)]Psergei is a greater deity. She is Galatea's arch nemesis. She is also known as "The Searing Gaze".[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Good idea, Conuld. If I use the most spells daily that I can to create water, I would overfill that by 1 gallon worth each day. But we would be able to fill our waterskins between casting so we wouldn't waste any." Kurgahz says while running a large hand through his dreadlocks. "Psergei, huh? Never heard o' that one."

Remove ads