Blank Slate (Everyone Welcome)

Darimaus

First Post
Welcome to a brand new universe. No planets. No stars. No nothing. In this campain, the PCs will all be playing Gods, building up a universe from scratch, and generally doing whatever they please. I will not be using any standard rules sets for this game, the Gods will be pretty much Omnipotent, capable of doing anything that falls into the domains they have chosen.

I will be a moderator to any action that involves two gods or their creations opposing each other. There will be three major factors in how victory will be decided. First is circumstance, if things are favorable to one side, they shall get bonuses. The second is storytellling. I enjoy the idea of good, crafty, plotmaking with lots of interesting twists and turns. The more devious and well laid out your plans are, and how well they have been set up in the past, will also get you bonuses. The third rule is quite simple. The older something is, the more powerful. This goes for Gods, and their creations. For example, a planet thats older than another has stronger inhabitants.

Character creation is simple. Post a concept, along with a story of creation and what you want your God to be in charge of. If the concept works, I'll post you character up in the Rogues gallery and let you loose on the world to do whatever it is your god does.

For constant quick access when these threads become so large you can't find anything, I'm posting links to the other galleries here on the first post.

Rogues Gallery

IC Thread

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Hey. Count me in. By creation, do you mean what the god creates, or how he is created?

Hash'mileak, Lord of Death, Treachery, and the Forbidden Lore.
Hash'mileak is the patron of necromancers, assassins, and those who seek to open the outer gates (alienists). This is not a name to be spoken of lightly by mortals. Hash'mileak commands the pseudonatural creatures, demons, and the undead. He is known for making devious plans that can take centuries to come to fruition.

Dogma: When there is man, there is treachery. It is one's base instinct to survive. Do not neglect your instincts. Death is natural, but can be avoided if you follow my teachings. Learn all that you can, that you might best thy enemies. Do not betray your friends, but certify their allegiance first. Enemies of Hash'mileak must die.

Darimaus

First Post
I mean how the god itself origionated. Right now, there is nothing. I need to know what causes the birth of the new divine entities.

Ambrus

Explorer
Interesting concept for a game. I'm curious to see how a god of death will get itself born. :p

As a suggestion Warlock Lord, until there's a material world with living mortal races capable of dying, murdering each other and formulating eldritch lore to first obscure and then later rediscover, perhaps it'd be best to start off with a more basic primordial concept such as being the Divine manifestation of Entropy and Nothingness. Later, once the mortal race(s) come into being, you could then start killing them off and raising them as undead abominations. Your doctrine and dogma can evolve as civilization grows more complex and refined.

Even a great dragon has to learn to crawl before it can fly and hunt. ;)

Ambrus

Explorer
How's this for a start:

Nothing. An unbearable, insupportable emptiness longing for purpose and action. Suddenly, time takes on meaning as the first event conspires to transpire within the void. From a single infinitesimally small point, a fracture appears to mar the surface of reality. With this minute occurrence, existence becomes defined and is thus changed forever. There can be no going back to the nothingness of the past; a spark of consciousness has taken root and an unquenchable desire to experience creation itself surges uncontrollably within the fissure.

By the mere choice to exist, it refuses the void that came before it and learns to desire more. In the span of a mere thought, a blazing nova of light and fire explodes outwards, and what there is of reality shudders in response. With godspeed its warmth and light spreads outwards, continuing to expand and illuminate the boundaries of creation. As fire and light pour forth, the void around this nexus ripples chaotically. What may arise from these eddies the primal consciousness cannot yet imagine as, for the moment, it exalts in its own omnipotence. As both declaration and affirmation, the divine consciousness at the heart of this first blazing star utters the words:

"I am."

Name: Don't need one until there's something aside from itself to distinguish from itself.
Portfolio: Creation, light, fire, time, the sun.
Doctrine: Create, illuminate and experience.

Kaodi

Hero
Though many wondrous things exist in the vast expanses of existence, never forget that the emptiness itself exists, and this emptiness has a mind, a will. In the same moment that the void ceases to be empty, this mind undergoes a transformation of its own. When there was nothing, there was nothing for it do perceive. Now that there is something else, the will of the void wakes from the slumber of perfect solitude, and begins to think and understand. However, for now, the emptiness of space remains silent, waiting, watching, to see how creation proceeds.

Name: None, For Now...
Portfolio: Space, Void, Darkness, Cold, Travel
Doctrine: All that is must have somewhere to be, and I am the one that allows each a place.

Shayuri

First Post
For everything that is seen, there is a thing that is not seen. From the very beginning, knowledge is exclusive...to know one thing is to not know another. This carries upward from the basic building blocks of reality, where you can know the PLACE of a thing, or the SPEED of a thing, but never both. Knowledge and Secrets are lovers, even in the cold void of nothingness. They are born together and live entwined, even though the one is the opposite of the other as well. Out of this duality is born a shadowy half-glimpsed presence. She's the other half of the equation. Where the light of knowledge and determinism shines, she's in the shadows of uncertainty it casts. She's the road not taken, the dark side of the moon.

Long hence, when the first mortals stare with conscious minds at the endless dark of the night sky, they'll sense her there and name her the Lady of Mysteries, or the Eyes in the Night. Hers is the icy stare you feel on your back when you're doing something you'll never tell anyone else about, under cover of darkness...even though you KNOW you're alone. No secret escapes her notice, and when she speaks it is not in godly bellows, but in the tiniest of whispers.

Whisper is the god not of knowledge, but instead of what isn't and in some cases what can't be known. Paradox, mystery, riddle and secret. She is a quiet, cold presence...not given to displays of emotion. Her favor is as subtle as her vengeance and either can easily be mistaken for luck...favorable or foul. As goddess of secrets, it's little surprise that Whisper's motives are guarded, her methods deep and subtle, and her plots often full of labyrinthine twists and turns...except when that's what one would expect.

Darimaus

First Post
Ok, so far this is going along really well. I'm going to create the Rogues gallery tonight, and put up the first three finished applicants. (WarlockLord, I'm going to need a creation story before I can insert you.)

I'm posting up the story of the first three gods in the IC thread. Shayuri, Kaodi, and Ambrus can begin posting. I need Kaodi and Ambrus to pick names for their gods, since you guys are all starting off together. I'll swap the names out in the IC thread when you guys post them.

BTW: I just want to let you know, I won't normally be altering creation storys as long as they worked, I just needed to plant the seeds to get this campain off the ground.

Finally, I'll let you guys do you own posting in the RG thread. As well, I would like each god to have an inventory list posted of all its creations and possesions so I can have access to whose is what later when things get more developted. This includes Avatars, Heros, and races.

I'm looking forward to more submissions.

Ambrus

Explorer
Hm. It seems we (Kaodi, Shayuri and myself) are primordial triple gods of sorts.

I represent creation and "something", Kaodi is the opposite and represents void and "nothing" while Shayuri is the paradoxical flux that lies between us, a sort of "maybe". If we're to start a creation mythos and pantheon of sorts together, perhaps we should try staying consistent in our creation stories. Should the gods that follow us be our offspring? If so perhaps people can post their concepts and we can work out a joint genesis for them. Just an idea.

For instance, my god has the volition to create something, but lacks any idea of what to create to fill in the void. Perhaps my first wandering thought takes form and gives birth to the Dreamer; my muse of sorts who'll give me some ideas... :)

Edit: Alright, I've set time in motion, gone and defined the center (the sun) and the outer edge of the universe (the stars) and filled the whole lot of it with fire and light. What else can creation possibly need? ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases