Dragonlance - Adventures during the Age of Despair

Kaodi

Hero
Glancing out the window, a concerned look on his face, Jerol answers, " I would prefer foot, away from the mob. Determined folks can drag man off a charging horse, but I bet I can outlast any of them in a run. "

Velmont

First Post
"Then, let's go before one thinks about that escape route." And without his boot, Eton climb over the window and try to walk discreetly toward the alleyway.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Climbing out onto the roof of the porch the three of you keep low as you head towards the alleyway. As Eric leaves the room you all hear the sounds of a large group of angry sounding people begin to pound on your door.

Glancing behind you to the town square you can make out the forms of the Seekers Zealot and the young boy in the center of the angry mob obviously the center of the mobs focus. With a angry roar the pitchfork wielding torch bearing mob heads determinedly towards the.

Jumping down into the comforting darkness of the alleyway the sound of the angry mob is somewhat muted by the intervening buildings after a brief discussion you agree to head for shortest way out of town, heading for the wooden palisade you're not too surprised to see that the few remaining guards have clustered together in whispered conversation, while gazing in the direction of the town center.

Not far from your position is a ladder leading up to the platform which the guards use to patrol around the entire palisade.

Velmont

First Post
"We can climb the wall with that ladder and jump on the other side, once outside the town, we will be able to flee without much fear of being caught." tells Eton, spying on teh guard to spot teh moment where most of them will have there back turned to start the climbing.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Looking around for other guards Eton is pleased to see that they appears to be just the two of them guarding this stretch of wall, but is less pleased as he notices the torches which are placed at 20' intervals around the wall, one of which is directly by the ladder.

Shrugging in resignation Eton begins his assent from the shadows below, up the ladder towards the torch light. All the while nervously gazing at the two distracted guards. Just as Eton reaches the top of the ladder one of the guards (which are 20 away)turns in his direction, obviously having noticed Eton out of the corner of his eye and shouts a command to halt.

Initiative
Eric (19) - Climbs ladder (full round action) and draws sword (free action).
Jerol (17 )
Guard1 (12) - Readies action to fire Shortbow.
Eton (11)
Guard2 (5) - Prepares to blow horn to sound alarm.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]What would be the difficulty to hit the horn with an eldritch blast?[/SBLOCK]
[sblock=OOC]I'll use a variation of the sunder rules for sundering carried or worn items. So that means that the horn would have a base AC of 13 (10 + 2 size +1 dex) if you hit it then assuming you do enough damage it will be destroyed/useless.

Which would be very stylish :D [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"By Chemosh! He must not warn the others" tells Eton as he climb on the wall to be ready to jump down. He draws his crossbow and shoots at the horn, but the bolt flies next to the guard and finish on the wall. "By Chemosh! How I can miss a so easy target."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I only needed an 8 to hit... rolled a 5 for 10. And I just found the expression that will define Eton. By Chemosh! (Chemosh, being the god of fatality, I expect it will apply most often :p )[/SBLOCK]

Kaodi

Hero
Grimacing, Jerol reaches out to the grasses and vines, even attempting to find a spark of life still lingering in the wood of the palisade. He wills them all to bind fast the two guards, to entangle them.

After that, he grabs the ladder and begins his ascent as quickly as possible.

[sblock=OOC]
I center the spell so that there is five feet of entangled area between the closest guard and the edge of the affected area, with a Reflex Save DC of 13.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads