Eyes Of The Lich Queen

jkason

First Post
stonegod said:
Ari massages his forehead. "A level that doesn't open it. A secret compartment which doesn't open it. And a pressure plate that might? Give me something to hit; I've got no patience for this stuff." Breathing out, he looks at the group. "Okay, we can fiddle with the compartment levers or drop something on the plate. I say we do the latter. Thoughts?"

((OOC: Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the above post suggested that levers in the secret compartment can open the portcullis, but that whatever the pressure plate does is not connected to the portcullis?))

Velmont

First Post
jkason said:
((OOC: Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the above post suggested that levers in the secret compartment can open the portcullis, but that whatever the pressure plate does is not connected to the portcullis?))

OOC: Yeah, I tought the same, but at teh same time, I wasn't sure.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Rogan reiterates that there are two sets of levers, gears and chains within the compartment. One set goes directly to the portcullis and can be used to easily raise and lower it. The other set connects the pressure plate to something else somewhere else... but what the plate actually does he cannot tell from here (although he could attempt to disable it so that the rest of the group would not need to try and leap the plate to continue on if they were afraid to walk on it).

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

Velmont said:
"Fine, if you think you can disable the pressure plate safely, do it so, better that then triggering a trap."

Donovan nods. "I'm not much of a jumper," he admits. "If we can turn off the plate, might be the best option."

Looking back behind him, the templar wonders, "Any of those levers look like they might close that section of wall? No telling if more blackscales might show up while we're below. If they're blind to that wall like Jango was, we'd save ourselves some trouble if we closed it behind us."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Rogan reaches into the compartment and begins pulling on one of the gears, and the party watches as the portcullis raises itself up into the ceiling.

He then pulls out some spikes and pitons from his pack and sets about trying to jam the chain and gears that drop below the compartment leading to the pressure plate. After a few seconds, suddenly the group hears a *snap* of metal and Rogan jerks his right hand out of the compartment with a curse... the hand now sliced open and dripping with blood. Before he can do anything about it though, the sounds of gears immediately begin to grind, and the Guardian yelps in surprise and shoots his hand back into the wall. Rogan desperately starts working harder as he sees the links of chain in the wall begin to move, but thankfully is able to get a spike through a link and jammed up against one of the gears, stopping the chain's upwards progress. (Disable Device check DC 25: [9] + 14 = 23 + 4AP = 27 *success* / Rogan spends one action point)

The rogue breathes a sigh of relief, and brings his right hand to his mouth to clean off the blood. He nods to the group, and Donovan tentatively puts the breastplate he grabbed onto the pressure plate to check... and sure enough, nothing happens. The group is free to continue forward.

In answer to Donovan's question... Rogan sees nothing within the compartment that would indicate it controls the door at the far end of the corridor.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
The rogue breathes a sigh of relief, and brings his right hand to his mouth to clean off the blood. He nods to the group, and Donovan tentatively puts the breastplate he grabbed onto the pressure plate to check... and sure enough, nothing happens. The group is free to continue forward.

"Well done, Rogan," the priest says as he crosses the plate, giving the Guardian a hearty slap on the back. "So then, looks like we're going down, yes?"

Mista Collins

First Post
Still cleaning the blood from his hand, Rogan nods to Donovan. "Let's continue. Hopefully what we seek is down here. If not, whomever designed this place took great pains in protecting something important."

Autumn

First Post
Jina lets out a deep breath, relaxing from the tensed stance she'd assumed while watching Rogan work. "Good job!" she grins. "Can't wait to see what's worth all this trouble, when we've already found the treasure trove."

Velmont

First Post
"The Eye worth more than any treasure we have found up to now, and I can guess any we will found down there." replies Jango to Jina. He awaits to Rogan and Ari to open teh way, and he follows them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases