Would you buy a hardcopy Tome of Horrors 3.5?

Glyfair

Explorer
I was browsing the Paizo forums and noticed this thread in the Necromancer Games section about making a print copy of Tome of Horrors 3.5. Admittedly, it's been going on since May, but I just saw it and haven't heard anything about it.

Erik states they want to use the monsters in Pathfinder (and issue #1 uses them), so they have been discussing getting it in print with Clark, etc.

If they did this, would you buy a copy?

I'm a maybe. I have the 3.5E PDF and I quite like PDF's for monster books. I can just print out the couple of pages that I need. If it was full colour it might sway me.

Olaf the Stout

delericho

Legend
Sorry, I'm a 'no'. I have the 3.0 version, and have been updating monsters as I need them. I might consider picking up the 3.5 PDF at some point to skip that conversion work, but otherwise... no.

What I would buy in a heartbeat, if anyone were to assemble it, is a PC-based database of existing OGL/d20 monsters. In fact, I would even pay a (reasonable) monthly subscription for access to that sort of thing. And if, by some chance, WotC were to produce their own database of 'official' monsters, and the two just happened to be seamlessly compatible... that would be like a dream come true.

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Hell Yes! I'd love to buy a hardcopy of Tome of Horrors, 3.5....such a hardcover book would be outstanding. The PDF is ok and all...but it doesn't compare to having a fully updated hardcover book.

I hope they get things together and publish this as a hardcover book.

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

meomwt

First Post
Yes, of course. PDF's are all well and good for prepping, but if you want to throw something at your players on the fly, nothing beats a hardcopy, hardback book.

ToH is the only 3.0 product I still bring to the gamimg table. It's useful because one of my players has the entire MM memorised, even down to the number of hit points a monster should have. ToH at least allows me to throw him a curveball.

Remove ads