[OOC] Underdogs [a core dnd game][4/4]

covaithe

Explorer
Ah, thanks Autumn. I usually check my threads via subscription, rather than going through the forum interface, so I'd missed that. I feel better now.

Zadam

First Post
OK phew I was getting a bit worried there, I kinda liked the story so far, really didn't want it to get abandoned!

doghead

thotd
Hey everyone. I apologise for not posting here. But I was ... um, tired would be the best word. Anyways, I have found both the threads, and will catch and post up asap.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
OK, I think we are pretty much ready to move on.

Before heading out, please make sure that your character sheets are up to date. Feel free to add simple mundane equipment as required - anything in the couple of gp range (backpacks, blankets, rations etc) your characters should be able to get from their Fall.

Its approaching midnight.
Its not snowing, but snow is still thick on the ground.
The night is slightly overcast.
Its cold.

DEFCON, just wanted to check that you realise that the terrain will not be ideal for horses. Not imposible, maybe. Mogro would know this. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't an info gap lurking there.

Um, can't think of anything else.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
Did someone indicate that they were going to be away for a bit? I'm hoping that it was Zadam, and we haven't lost him. I'll wait until tonight, then post up iC.

covaithe, yeah, I don't expect everyone to count pennies for mundane everyday stuff like backpacks and blankets. Also, Assaq will have understood the map and should be able to navigate a way to the indicated location for the gnolls. I'm taking the check results to indicate that he isn't intimately familier with the area, thus may need to make some survival rolls in order to find the best route.

A couple of quick thoughts on style. Most cretures will surrender or run before being killed. Intelligent creatures may choose not to fight if the odds are obviously against them. Intelligent creatures will generally freeze is a knife is held at their throat, or a crossbow is leveled at them. I thought that I would mention it ass these are not always charcateristic of dnd type encounters.

One last thought - the rules are not clear on what happens to bab defense bonuses when surprised or flat-footed. One reading is that characters will lose all defense bonuses. This, obviously, can be lethal. The other is that bab bonuses generally are retained. Call it a soldiers instinct. The (rare) exception is when a character is completely unsuspecting of the threat. I generally play the latter. But I thought that I would give you a choice. Obviously, its a blade that cuts both ways.

doghead
aka thotd

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
doghead said:
DEFCON, just wanted to check that you realise that the terrain will not be ideal for horses. Not imposible, maybe. Mogro would know this. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't an info gap lurking there.
Yup... I'm all set. When the time comes, Mogro will get off his horse and walk him as needed (through the trees, over the rocks etc.) But I figured that if things went to hell in a handbasket, having the faster transportation to return to the village would be useful.

Plus, from a character p.o.v... Mogro wouldn't want to go out to battle without his warhorse, as that is what most of his training is in.

doghead

thotd
Just tried to contact Zadam via his profile, but no can do. If possible, could everyone enable the 'contact this person by email' function in their profiles? It doesn't, from what I can see, make your email address publically available, and means that I have some way of contacting you if RL comes along and bites you on the ... whatever.

And vice versa, of course. Um, I mean that you can contact me, not that you can bite RL on its ... er ... You know what I mean.

Anyways, if Zadam doesn't re-appear I am thinking of offering up his character to any ghost hackers out there, with the option of creating their own when an opportune moment approaches. If there are no objections. Meanwhile, feel free to ghost hack him amoung yourselves. It will work on a first come, first served basis. If no one posts for Adokul, I'll ghost him.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
ic - Underdogs

The IC thread has dropped of the first page and is half way down the second with no responses. Everyone has checked in today, so I am getting the feeling that I am losing your interest. My absence didn't help the game's momentum. And the overland journey section hasn't quiet played out as I was hoping - I had hoped that the series of un-attributed rolls would create a feeling of anticipation or suspense. Good in theory ...

If you are feeling a little 'meh' about the game, do let me know. Things should get a little more eventful soon. And if there are other issues, I will see what I can do to address them.

doghead
aka thotd

covaithe

Explorer
Sorry, I meant to post yesterday but got sidetracked. Some nonsense about a job interview, or something. I think I would have felt more suspense from your unattributed rolls if I hadn't just recently read the rules on survival checks to avoid getting lost, because the players in the tabletop game I run are going to be finding their way through a swamp next session. :)

(Of course I could still be wrong about what those rolls are for, but that's how I interpreted those rolls.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases