Star Wars. what era are you playing in? Or who isn't playing in Legacy?

Gundark

Explorer
I find it funny to see how many people are playing in the Legacy era of Star Wars. I myself am really considering using that era. One of my group is playing in another group and they are using the Legacy era.

Anyone not using Legacy?

No Legacy for me right now.

I still prefer the Rebellion and New Republic eras, and the Old Republic has always been a favourite. I'll eventually get around to Legacy, but at this point, the galaxy is still very empty and while others may like that, I very much enjoy working the backdrop of the galaxy INTO the games. With what little we have on the Legacy era right now, its extremely difficult to really do that without simply changing canon.

Karl Green

First Post
I really loved the old Tales of the Jedi/Sith War comics. And the Knights of the Old Republic vedio games where not bad...soooooo for me this is my era of choice pretty much all the time :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
I had never even heard of the Star Wars Legacy series of comics before a few weeks ago; my first impression of it is negative; Cade Skywalker almost seems the "anti-Luke" and more of the morally grey anti-hero type, and I really am not connecting with the plot elements that I am reading about.

I just ran a Clone Wars one-shot, and if I do a regular game I'm considering a Clone Wars game that soon runs into the post Episode 3 era.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
If I ever run a game, I'd probably go with either the KOTOR era or Fall of the Republic (approx 500-300 BBY). That way I don't have to deal with too many all-important, iconic characters popping up. I like Rebellion eras and everything post-Endor, but I sort of feel there's a very Faerunian problem in those setting periods.

Edit: Oh yeah, Rise of the Empire is a nice time period as well. Again, lots of stuff going on but without lots of high-level, "Good" characters to get in the way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases