Tarag's Forge: Fine Weapons & Armor to save your life

Boddynock

First Post
"Hello, Keldar."

Tarag listens with increasing incredulity to Keldar's story of mysteriously prolonged travel, then is distracted by his recounting of the finding of the tunnel abutting Thyrin's tower. When Keldar offers him the platinum he nods and puts it into his pocket. At the young man's mention of the rapier he has ordered, Tarag smiles and reaches for an apron.

"Here, lad, put this on - unless you'd prefer to singe your priest's robes a little more."

Then, without further ado, the two of them set to work. At the end of a day's hard labour, this is the result.

"See the fluid lines," says the master smith, pointing to the cagework of the hilt. "They flow with the freedom of your moist friend. They're as evanescent to the eye and distracting to the mind as the tales you weave around yourself - but they'll protect you from all but the fiercest of blows. And the blade is as sweet a piece of work as I've made - strong, resilient and reliable. Be as one with it - arm, mind and spirit!"

"And that'll be 192 gold. Thanks."

OOC: And 16 craft points.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar receives the completed sword with an air approaching reverence, unusual for him. "Beautiful... a true work of art. A man who draws a dagger is often forced to wield it, but the man who carries a weapon such as this at his side will find he but rarely needs to draw it... though if he does, the point will surely find its mark. Still, I would rather move hearts than pierce them, on the whole."

Keldar holds the rapier out at arm's length, extends the forefinger of his other hand, then with deep concentration releases the sword, to leave it hanging in the air unsupported. Slowly, the sword turns in the air and directs itself into its scabbard. Keldar grins broadly. "Well, now. This grows easier with practice. Thank you, Tarag, I am greatly in your debt. Speaking of which, I, er, couldn't borrow, let's say, thirty crowns, could I?"

"Oh, and before I forget - " Keldar reaches back into Tarag's magical bag, and pulls out a shovel that's much too big for it. "I'll take this to the inn. When you get a free moment, come and join us."

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Scott Dewar]Ouch! Now, see, you should've bought the flashy armour before the flashy swords! ;)

Actually, give Tarag a couple of levels and he'll be able to make magical armour for you. :)

Or else he can make wondrous items for you now! :D [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock='knock]i hope to get enough gp here in the neaar future to do the armor thing...if he survives! :lol: [/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Finally, some time to actually write up my previously stated intention that Tarag would scribe some scrolls during down time (ie, before the adventure he's currently on).

He scribes the following scrolls:
Code:
[b]Lvl 1[/b]
Animate Rope       (CL1, cost 12.5gp +2 CP)
Bless              (CL1, cost 12.5gp +2 CP)
Magic Weapon       (CL1, cost 12.5gp +2 CP)
[b]Lvl 2[/b]
Bull's Strength    (CL3, cost 75gp +15 CP)
Zone of Truth      (CL3, cost 75gp +15 CP)
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: So, can Elthic buy the axe? He's off adventure right now, and more than willing to pick it up from you.

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Given that we've been talking about this for at least a year, Wik, I don't see any reason not to go ahead with the transaction.

IC: Hardin looks up as the dwarf enters the shop. "Oh, it's you again," he says. "I suppose you're looking for this."

He reaches down under the counter and hefts a magnificent waraxe onto the board.

"That'll be 198 gold."

The long-faced dwarf frowns before going on, "That's a very good price, you know. Tarag must like you. Oh, and he said to say, thanks for getting your friend to have a word with the coal merchant - the supply has been much more reliable since then."

OOC: That's 16 craft points, as well.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Elthic gives a nod to Hardin. "Thanks. It's a beautiful axe... you are apprenticed to an amazing dwarf. And, the coal merchant was easy. He owed my father a few favours. I am glad to help.

Tell Tarag that if he ever needs a favour from me, or even some extra help at the forge, I am more than willing to help."
"

OOC: 16 craft points spent, and 198 gp given to Tarag.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Boddy---Xir'd like a mithral chain shirt after selling his old one. On a purely financial side, that'd be 830gp (1100*.8-50 for selling the chain shirt unless he gets a bonus there). He's going to be second level and didn't spend an CP @ first (no skills), so he's got 450 to help w/ (if he can).

A lithe, dark skin humanoid enters the shop after the dwarf, his eyes glowing softly green. He makes a half-bow at Ethic and another bow to the shopkeeper.

"I seek armor---the special silver that makes chains lighter than cloth. It is my understanding that you are a master of craft. What is the manner of bargaining that must happen between us?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases