Tarag's Forge: Fine Weapons & Armor to save your life

Richard Rawen

First Post
Boddynock said:
. . ."Now, you owed 122 gold, 8 silver and 3 copper. At twelve and a half gold for the armour and seven and a half for the blade, that's 20 gold, so you still owe 102 gold, 8 silver and 3 copper. As soon as you can pay that amount, the sword's yours."

[sblock=Richard]Richard, don't worry about the extra charge. If you can borrow the amount still owing, I'll be delighted to see the young fighter going off to battle with his new sword!

As to the apprenticeship, if Richard would be interested in following through on this (perhaps taking a rank or two of Craft (Weaponsmith) or Craft (Armor) next level) that could work out for both of us. I've been quite frustrated that Tarag has missed out on at least two commissions because he's been off adventuring (after waiting months for something to turn up), and if Richard, as opposed to an NPC, had been here, we might have been able to work something out with those PCs who came into the shop looking for a deal. Then there's the fact that Richard, as Tarag's apprentice, would actually have been receiving two and a half gold a week through the Job System. :) [/sblock]

Richard is quick to make a note of the amount, a smile of relief on his face as he calculates that he should be able to finally come up with the coin necessary.
"I'll be back as soon as I can. Thank You!"
[sblock=Boddynock]WOOT! Cool, thanks :) I'd love for Richard to take up the hammer, I'm working him towards Weapon Master, and to me, there can only be good things for a WM that actually understands the process of weapon making. I hadn't thought I could do more than take a few points in craft... this is really Great! I look more and more forward to the adventure, And on towards what Richard will become . . . Too Cool![/sblock]

Richard returns beaming. The bulky fighter, over six foot tall, strapped with weapons and wrapped in steel armor, looks almost childlike with anticipation. He counts out One Hundred and Three gold crowns and exhales a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding... then begins holding the next breath without realizing it either.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Hardin looks up as the shop door opens again. When he sees it's Richard, he smiles and moves forward. Taking the cash from the eager fighter, he turns to the cash box and retrieves his change - 1 silver and 7 copper coins clink unnoticed into the tall man's hand.

Hardin sees Richard's stillness and intensity of focus, and suddenly has a sense of what this means to him. Smiling, he retrieves the sword and removes the tag from its pommel. He takes it from its scabbard, examines the blade carefully and wipes it with an oily rag, then resheathes it and hands it with due reverence to the young man who only then remembers to breathe.

"Tarag will be sorry that he wasn't here to give it to you. I'll be sure to tell him that you're happy with it."

Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard's eyes follow the practiced movements of the Dwarf. Accepting the weapon, the Human slowly releases his breath, his smile fading somewhat, more of satisfaction than silly grin.
"Tell Tarag I'll be back after the big battles are over and be glad to set aside my weapons to learn with him. . . and tell him.. Thanks."
Richard leaves, the sword still scabbarded in his hands, and turns back down the street towards the RDI.

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag strides through the door, and looks over the shop with a piercing glance. Only when he's happy that all seems well does he go over to Hardin, who has been waiting expectantly, and greets him.

"Well, lad, the place looks good. Hmm, I like the rearrangement of the counter. It gives more room. Well done!"

Looking at the stock on hand, he notices that the hand-and-a-half is missing. "So, young Richard came back for his sword, did he? And did you pass on my message about the apprenticeship? What did the fellow have to say to that?"

Hardin passes on all the news, and mentions, too, the flying visit from Elthic, who has said he will commission a new weapon from Tarag. "But he didn't know what sort he wanted," Hardin finishes.

"Didn't know, eh? Must've got sick of that spear he was carrying. Well, that'll give me a couple of projects to work on. Hmm, I wonder if I can get Galwynn to pick up my reward from Thyrin."

"I may have to go back to Braeholl Grenton for a couple of days - although I can ill afford the time."

He holds up one hand to forestall Hardin's complaint. "Well, I'll be able to let you know tomorrow morning. Perhaps even tonight. In the meantime, I'm off to the Red Dragon to wash up and have a decent meal. And a good night's sleep."

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]If by Braeholl you mean Grenton, then yes, you might. I doubt Tarag will be going to Braeholl, since that's in the Vastermarch, and is many days away. =D[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Of course Galwynn will grab Tarag's stuff. He's probably more trustworthy with it over that stinking rogue, too. ;)

Also, I was wondering if Elthic could simply have made a commission, or whatnot. He's in Orrusus, but it'd be a bit weird if he left the house he's in, ran down here, and made the commission. Really, how much of a stretch would it be if we simply said "Elthic made this commission just before he entered the haunted house one last time". Hopefully, he gets paid enough to work it off!

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=Wik]Sure, there's no problem about having put in the order. The only problem is that he didn't specify which weapon it was that he wanted. If Tarag knows that, he can make a start on it, unless Elthic wants to work on it with him (contributing craft points and paying a lower price), in which case Tarag'll have to wait until he gets back from the haunted house.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC:

Argh.

When he hits 2nd, Elthic is taking levels in Fighter, or maybe Ranger. Haven't fully decided yet. But I think Dwarven War Axe is the way to go, in either case. And when he suceeds, Elthic should get 500 GP, unless he's screwed out of his pay.

Thing is, I don't wanna say "Wait for Elthic to be finished" because I'd rather Tarag stays adventuring with Galwynn and crew.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Gooooood morning!" says Keldar Warbray, coming into the store with a spring in his step. "How is everyone in Tarag's emporium of pointy, spiky, sharp and clanking things today?"

Keldar seems to be doing a strange sort of dance on the spot, turning from side to side. "Oh, this? This is just my masterwork composite longbow, purchased this very day from the estimable Juliana Hayes for the bargain price of only 40 dragons."

"Which means, Tarag, that just as soon as I'm back from Grenton, we can get started on the Warbray rapier, assuming you're happy to accept Thyrin's gemstones in part payment. Now, how much were you thinking of?"

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag looks up as Keldar prances in.

"Morning, Keldar. Nice bow."

"Yes, I've had some thoughts about your rapier. Now, I think you said something about lending a hand, didn't you? Well, if you'll do that, I can let you have the blade for 192 gold pieces."

OOC: And 16 craft points.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases