Tarag's Forge: Fine Weapons & Armor to save your life

Trouvere

Explorer
"Yes, I'll give you a hand," Keldar answers. He stands with his head on one side and one eye closed. "That'll leave me with fourteen crowns," he says after a moment. He sighs. "I suppose I'll sell my trusty old morningstar, and a few odds and ends. That will still leave me almost seventy short of some new thie- I mean, the present for my grandmother. Well, Tarag, I had better catch Galwynn before he gives away all his gold to the poor and deserving, instead of to me. He owes me ten dragons, or five at least, though he has more trouble remembering it than I do recalling the name of his old village. Buffalo-something? Bisongulch! That's it."

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: I will be away from tomorrow until New Year's Eve, and won't have Net access.

Tarag may well be leaving the Forge to adventure with his friends. If so, Rae Ardgaoth will post an entry to that effect. Until then, he can take 10 to craft any MW weapon or armour. The rates mentioned in post #1 apply.

Or you can simply put in an order and I will see that it's filled as soon as I get back.

'Nock

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A young man enters the shop, red hair in a viking braid, 6'6" and a lean 200 lbs, chain shirt that has seen a few battles, a few sheathed weapons, except for the bow slung on his back and a shield on his left arm.

"Guten tage mein herr, I vish some Veapons to be made if you please." his thick accent marks him from far to the north, but his once fair skin is developing some color from the time on the streets of orrusis, "I vish veapons uf Long Sword und Cutlass, uf master verken quality, bitta. They i shall to name Ilk's bane und Halin's defense. Zey to be mein own to use. you make zem Ja? i help if i can, but i can only make leazer und scrimshaw items. How much to do zis?" he then stands politely and respectfully awaiting an answer.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag looks up and nods in greeting as the warrior enters the Forge.

"I can do that for you, young man. It'll cost you," - he pauses a moment - "444 and a half gold and two days of your time."

"If you like, we can start straight away."

He sizes up the fellow, getting him to hold out his arms, and to move through a combat exercise. Then he tosses him a leather apron, advises him to remove his mail, and says, "Now, start pumping the bellows!"

[sblock=OOC]It'll cost your character 31 craft points to assist in the production of the blades. Each one takes a day to produce. Because of the delay in my replying to your post, we can just go ahead and assume that the blades have been created ... once I've found some for you. ;)

I'll post again as soon as I have.[/sblock][sblock=Cutlass]One-Handed Martial Weapons
Cutlass 20 gp 1d4 1d6 18-20 N/A 3 lb Slashing[/sblock]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(Does Tarag work in mithral? If so, would the stated discounts apply (so that a mithral chain shirt (1100 gp normally) would be 880 gp base discount, 770 gp if Craft points are donated)?)

Boddynock

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Does Tarag work in mithral? If so, would the stated discounts apply (so that a mithral chain shirt (1100 gp normally) would be 880 gp base discount, 770 gp if Craft points are donated)?)
OOC: It depends on how the cost for mithral is added in. If it's a flat amount added to the raw materials cost, then no. If his proportional profit is unaffected, then yes. I don't have time to check the details now, so I'll let you know soon. :)

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag and Pendrake work solidly for two days. The noise is deafening and the sweat pours off them in rivulets. At the end of that time they have a fine pair of swords.

Acknowledging Pendrake's heritage, the dwarven smith designs a long blade which incorporates patterns from the young man's culture. It has a single edge, which allows for a somewhat stiffer blade. "The beauty of that," says Tarag, "is that you can take advantage of your strength, your height and those long arms of yours. You'll rain down blows like a god of war!"

The second blade, a cutlass, is shorter, lighter and more agile. It's still a strong man's sword, however. "You can stab your foe with the point ... but again, from your tree-top height you'll be better off splitting skulls. I've weighted it for the slash and hack of up close melee. You'll find the two will work together like siblings from the same womb."

[sblock=OOC]When you let me know that you're happy with the deal, I'll post pictures of your weapons. :) [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Two days later:

It has been hot....it has been hard work...but no more hard then praticing his swordmanship in the hot skies of the southern seas in his travels before orussus. When the two of them are done with the crafting of the well made blades, the northerner grins like a 14 year old who has been asked to dance with the most beautiful girl in the village!! It is obvious he is very pleased with the weapons.

He is almost with out word, just one is uttered followed by the acceptable response, "JA!" he then reaches in his back pack and unhesentently pulls out the coin as asked.

]ooc[you have gained 444.5 gp. thank you. awaiting the pic!!!]/ooc[

He turns to leave and stops. with a shy grin, he removes the leather apron and hands it back. then a look as cond as the glacier ice of his homelands comes upon him as he departs with these words, "May Halina guide me in rescueing das childrens from blacklillies und goplins." he gives a bow and leaves.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: That's 444.5 gold! ;)

Here's Pendrake's long sword.

Here's Pendrake's cutlass.

Tarag grins, enjoying a job well done.

"Come back any time! Next time, I'll make you a fine suit of armour."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases