Unconverted D&D creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Unrelated question (though it's on my mind b/c I'm thinking about different versions of the same monster as well as similar monsters -- see here): Just noticed that we recently converted a number of creatures that planewalker converted (and put in their Denizens of Inner and Transitive Planes PDFs), including the mephits and wavefire, for ex. Do we want to try to avoid conversions other people have done in order to reduce the size of the unconverted list?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
The numbers (and links) at the beginning of this thread already exclude all the Planewalker conversions and any other 3.X conversions I've been able to find on the web. I'm only counting creatures that haven't appeared anywhere else (that I'm aware of) in 3.X form.

So avoiding creatures that have already been converted won't shrink this list. But it would make the list shrink faster! ;)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Echohawk said:
The numbers (and links) at the beginning of this thread already exclude all the Planewalker conversions and any other 3.X conversions I've been able to find on the web. I'm only counting creatures that haven't appeared anywhere else (that I'm aware of) in 3.X form.

So avoiding creatures that have already been converted won't shrink this list. But it would make the list shrink faster! ;)

That's what I thought! ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
I've been trying to focus mainly on the completely unconverted (per Echohawk's excellent indices).

However, I do throw in the occasionally already-converted creature, either due to it being on the Current Conversions Requests thread, because it thematically matches another creature we're working on, or simply because I want to. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
I've also been trying to focus rather heavily on the magazines, since they have the largest number of unconverted creatures, and are least likely to be done by anyone else. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
If you leave off the "other peoples' IP" creatures (White Dwarf, Diablo, Lankmahr) which we probably can't post in the Creature Catologue, we're almost down to 1,500.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
1508 :). I've edited the initial post to separate out the two types of IP. And listed them from least to most creatures left, for a change.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Very nice!

As an aside, it's interesting to note that the bulk of the unconverted creatures in most categories seem to be either animals, vermin, or variant humanoid races. The more "realistic", the less interesting, eh?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases