Unconverted D&D creatures

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Echohawk said:
The total number of unconverted 4E creatures is currently 8780. :]
Eliminating the non-WotC IP creatures more precisely, I now get a total of 6399 D&D creatures that will need updating to 4E.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Echohawk said:
It is definitely true that the majority of the most interesting creatures have already been tackled, but I'm not so sure about the breakdown in categories. I'll start going through the unconverted lists and assigning my 'best guest' type to each one to check.

Okay, so I'm done with this exercise, and the unconverted critters break down like this, based on my best guesses of their types:

Animal: 249
Magical Beast: 190
Undead: 162
Outsider: 107
Vermin: 99
Aberration: 94
Humanoid: 83
Construct: 82
Monstrous Humanoid: 70
Plant: 57
Dragon: 48
Fey: 38
Elemental: 35
Giant: 21
Hazard: 16
Ooze: 16
Template: 11
Other: 5

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
It is quite possible that some of the things I classified as Magical Beasts would fit better as Animals or Vermin. (I'm not that good at telling those apart!)

But having categorised all the unconverted creatures, I can now also do some analysis of the overall breakdown of D&D creatures by type. These figures exclude unique creatures, templates and anything that isn't WotC's IP.

Magical Beast: 826 (13%)
Outsider: 816 (13%)
Animal: 710 (11%)
Construct: 579 (9%)
Aberration: 542 (9%)
Undead: 541 (9%)
Elemental: 351 (6%)
Vermin: 350 (6%)
Monstrous Humanoid: 334 (5%)
Humanoid: 298 (5%)
Dragon: 287 (5%)
Plant: 240 (4%)
Fey: 215 (3%)
Ooze: 119 (2%)
Giant: 111 (2%)
Deathless: 13 (0%)
Unknown: 3 (0%)

Total: 6335 (100%)

Attachments

• type.jpg
    type.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 281

Shade

Monster Junkie
Very interesting. I figured that more undead existed than constructs and aberrations.

And this just goes to support my long-held belief that there are far too many humanoids! Where would nearly 300 different races live? :p

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Shade said:
Very interesting. I figured that more undead existed than constructs and aberrations.

And this just goes to support my long-held belief that there are far too many humanoids! Where would nearly 300 different races live? :p

I would have thought that about undead, too. Seems like everywhere you turn, there they are!

But only about 10% of monsters are humanoid + monstrous humanoid! That's surely not so many! :lol:

What this really goes to show is that we need more deathless!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
And we're down to 1354.

(I've also removed the non-WotC IP entries from the first post to keep it simpler.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases