Dragonmarked

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Then I assume you also factored in the dragon's reach w/ the most favorable condition for the Orien scion (though not if they want to be in melee): At the end of its 15ft reach, so the single 5' step gets it out of range of everything except the bite. I would assume the number changes significantly if the scion was at 10ft or closer (and thus could not move out of the dragon's reach).
I used the conditions specified above--if reach is an issue, I can make it a level 20 Fighter or some other CR 20 enemy. I chose the dragon and bear at random on flights of fancy. As for whether she wants to be in melee, it seems to me that Orien and Scout are natural to have together. Scouts are often Archers. Heck, you could even take this feat as a Wizard. Any Wizard I know would sure like to be able to escape melee whenever possible ;) With other Orien powers, this can used in tandem with their abilities to leap around as well, and if the enemy has equivalent reach or the Orien scion uses a bow, the Orien scion can pull the trick while getting a full attack herself

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
I used the conditions specified above--if reach is an issue, I can make it a level 20 Fighter or some other CR 20 enemy.
That's the issue, however---there is a lot of variation of CR 20 enemies. These feat will squash melee damage from those w/o reach with Blink or other concealment. I'll grant that. But the larger issue is if it is situational or broadly damaging. While I don't want an enumeration vs all CR X critters, looking at a wide range of them is what I would be interested.

I can't do that right now cuz of that work thing I really should be doing. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
That's the issue, however---there is a lot of variation of CR 20 enemies. These feat will squash melee damage from those w/o reach with Blink or other concealment. I'll grant that. But the larger issue is if it is situational or broadly damaging. While I don't want an enumeration vs all CR X critters, looking at a wide range of them is what I would be interested.

I can't do that right now cuz of that work thing I really should be doing. :)
I'll do one or two more, but I don't have time for much more than that. Oria the Orien Scion vs Mary the Marilith Fighter3 (since she has class levels, she uses the Elite array):

No feat, no Blink: 67.45 + 49.7 + 31.95 + 3.2 + 14.4 = 166.7
Blink will halve that to 83.35
Feat + Blink: ~12.5 This takes a while to compute the terms. Suffice it to say that the damage is probably around 12.5 because I got to around 12.296 and additional damage became vanishingly small (almost to the point where I round it away).

This is even worse!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, I realised when you said 'situational or broadly damaging', you might have meant 'some critters and NPCs don't use melee, so it's okay'. Frankly, iI don't agree. So long as it does crush melee attacks--that's way too much for a feat. Would you allow a feat that gave '+10 to AC vs melee attacks' or '50% miss chance vs melee attacks'? This one is actually better than that if you get the miss chance (which seems a clear choice).

Erekose13

Explorer
It looks like Mog has added the spells for the Dragonmark Adept and Prodigy (or what ever those two feats are) to his proposal. I'll take a look in a few.

Regarding Vigor, have we already agreed on a change to that one, or was it never approved?

stonegod

Erekose13 said:
Regarding Vigor, have we already agreed on a change to that one, or was it never approved?
We talked about it, RA made a proposal to modify it, two of us (E13 and RA) voted for it, and that was it. Can be found here. So, I suggest we revisit that thread and not vote on Vigor here. As for the others, I'd need to look.

stonegod

Mog: Could you do as Bront asked and put the things that were not originally in this proposal in a new one? Want to keep things clear.

Remove ads