one more cry

Lince'sa

First Post
so I tried to log into an old character, and I couldn't... because I wasn't sure if it was two words with an underscore or just two words. now the name isn't easy to spell either, so it's not easy to remember. also I use a few different passwords, so it's not entirely obvious to me which one I used. so I ask again, nay I PLEAD. fix the double log in so we can use auto complete. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
There are multiple ways to solve this that don't involve changing the software, depending where you want to place reliance.

(1) "Your Char/Your Responsibility": Keep a notebook, sheet of paper, computer file, whatever, that has your character names and passwords. A computer file is especially useful because you can keep the descriptions with the names and fiddle with them easily when things change for your char (like a masquerade ball) and recover earlier descriptions with just a cut & paste. A notebook, however, won't die when your hard drive does. Keeping your char info in a way unconnected from the site helps, too, if your cookies get cleared accidentally (or on purpose) or if the site crashes so badly we lose char or login info (you never know).

(2) "Our Job Is To Help": The e-mail is isrpmagi@gmail.com. We can search usernames on any partial match, recover passwords, reset passwords, etc. It'll almost certainly take longer than 10 minutes, but we can do it.

Khaira

First Post
I can vouch for #1...very useful!

... ahem, well, as long as pesky little brothers don't find said documents, steal passwords, hijack usernames, and wreak mayhem. Yet, I digress.

Anyway, yes. :) Having all that information - user names (especially the spellings of some), passwords, descriptions for specific events, reminders, IC dates (i.e. this character was seriously injured [insert date] by [insert baddie] - in one place can be very useful. So, until Gabriel gets around to reprogramming that (which I would imagine would be a pain anyway), that's a very viable option for keeping you on track.

Option #2 can be useful, as long as you change the password right away - the ehyt32rfwe password isn't always easy to remember. ;)

Remove ads