Freeport trilogy

cwhs01

First Post
I'm probably going to run the updated freeport trilogy campaign, and while it seems cool and relatively simple (maybe to much so), i wanted to hear other peoples experience with it. Especially any problematic places, pcs missing necessary hints, npc's and troublesome encounters?

I've got an idea of how to start the campaign, and ideas of how to run the three main adventures, but i dislike the two connecting adventures in the book. What have other people done to connect the adventures and bring the pc's up to apropriate levels? I would prefer running a few minor citybased adventures, so if you got some good suggestions as to this?

If anyone has made campaign journals or online descriptions and material related to their running the campaign i'd also be very, very interested.

talien

Community Supporter
cwhs01 said:
If anyone has made campaign journals or online descriptions and material related to their running the campaign i'd also be very, very interested.
Ask for shameless promotion of a story hour and ye shall receive!

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=103252&page=5&pp=40

That's how the campaign went for Death in Freeport. I then ran Holiday in the Sun and Deus Ex Machina (both free Freeport adventures, downloadable from from Green Ronin's site). We played the remaining two Freeport adventures back-to-back, and that worked out well.

Here are my reviews (they contain spoilers) that details the challenges I faced in DMing all three adventures:
* Madness in Freeport: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...8JROS&displayType=ReviewDetail#wasThisHelpful
* Terror in Freeport: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...LP6EY&displayType=ReviewDetail#wasThisHelpful
* Death in Freeport: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...H5BPH&displayType=ReviewDetail#wasThisHelpful

The Lost Muse

First Post
[sblock]

The last time I ran the triolgy, Milos really ended up driving the adventures.

When the Pc's attempted to visit Thuron, Milos led them to an exit, and told them that he was beyond the second door. Once they had gone through the first door, it was barred behind them, and they found themselves looking out at the street after opening the second door.

Milos ended up failing in his efforts to summon Hastu... I mean, the Unspeakable One, and after becoming aware of the party's efforts to follow him joined them us an ally. Of course, he was always keeping an eye out for the opportunity to re-establish himself in the Brotherhood, but unfortunately the campaign petered out before I got to that point.

[/sblock]

I DM'ed my group through the 3 adventures. Overall I thought the first and third adventures were ok but the second one was pretty average.

[sblock=Spoilers Below]I had some difficulty in the second adventure finding a plausible explanation as to why "Brother Egil" would go down into the sewers with the party. He doesn't know his way around the sewers and he would just get in the way. I imagine that most parties would just convince him to get back to the temple and stay safe. The only reasoning I could come up with is that he is really concerned for the welfare of his friend Lucius.

Also, how does "Brother Egil" know where to go when he is down in the sewers? I can't imagine that he knows his way around there yet he supposedly leads the party into the trap. He supposedly recognises items dropped by Lucius. This didn't sound very plausible to me but I struggled to find another solution to the problem. (Obviously he knows because he is an imposter but the party doesn't know that.)[/sblock]

Personally I would have preferred if there was a bit more variety in the combats. In the third adventure in particular there are
a lot of combats with shadows one after the other. I understand why they are there but surely there must have been a way to add more variety to the combats. The combats with the serpent people can also get a bit tiring.

Overall I would give the first and third adventures a 7 out of 10. The second one I would give a 5 out of 10.

Olaf the Stout

BadMojo

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Holiday in the Sun is included in the Freeport Trilogy edition. Deus ex Machina may be as well.

Not sure about Deus ex Machina, but the description on Green Ronin's site says that it includes Holiday in the Sun and something called "Thieves and Liars". That info is under the description for the PDF version, but I'm assuming the print version also includes it.

There's also another free interlude called "Swagfest" or something like that, unless Green Ronin took it down.

BadMojo said:
Not sure about Deus ex Machina, but the description on Green Ronin's site says that it includes Holiday in the Sun and something called "Thieves and Liars". That info is under the description for the PDF version, but I'm assuming the print version also includes it.

There's also another free interlude called "Swagfest" or something like that, unless Green Ronin took it down.

Holiday in the Sun is the interlude that you referred to as Swagfest.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases