Stephen King quits writing. What should he do instead?

Stephen King quits writing. What should he do instead?

• Become a world class F1-driver

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Develop his acting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move to a secluded island

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Get a dog

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Paint

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Become a cashier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Become a full-time Dungeon Master

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Spend his money

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Isolate himself and befriend a young boy

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Eat himself

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Poll closed .

Henry

Autoexreginated
Abdul al-Hazred (or Abd' al-Azrad, if you prefer the Call of Cthulhu game explanation)

... I think it would be a real gas if he posted on his official web site, on the day he officially retires, a fake AP report about how he was in a New england marketplace and was eaten in public by an invisible demon. :)

That would signify him as keeper of much Cool quotient, in my book.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

For those interested on reading more about it:

http://www.stephenkingnews.com/

Scroll on down the 27th news entry.

Personally, I think it is a good idea if he takes a break. He has written some great books and a lot of unimpressive books.

Perhaps a break will help him recharge the batteries to write a few more great books.

FD

Aitch Eye

First Post
Paint may not be an option (unlike the rest...) as I believe he's going blind.

(Sorry if I dampened the humorous spirit of the thread.)

[edit] Upon reflection, becoming a world class F1 driver may not be an option either.

Last edited:

Frostmarrow

First Post
Aitch Eye said:
Paint may not be an option (unlike the rest...) as I believe he's going blind.

(Sorry if I dampened the humorous spirit of the thread.)

[edit] Upon reflection, becoming a world class F1 driver may not be an option either.

I didn't know he was going blind. Still, painting is still a viable choice, there must be scores of blind painters out there. I agree on the F1-driving though.

Aitch Eye

First Post
Actually, I once saw an infomercial promoting a system for learning how to paint developed by a former marine corps instructor. As a demonstration of how good it was, they brought out a guy who'd been blind since birth. His paintings were a bit stylized for a lot of peoples taste, but comparable to what a lot of artists do on purpose, and recognizable.

tetsujin28

First Post
Well, considering how god-awful Rose Red is, I can't say I'm too sorry. Bummer about his eyesight, though -- I remember when that happened to one of my favourite comic artists, John Tottlebien. Couldn't he use a program like Natural Talk (?name?) to help him with his writing?

Cevalic

First Post
He should finish the Gunslinger series before he quits. I'm going to go insane if he leaves it open ended like that. Anyone know what the 5 novels are he has yet to publish?

Remove ads