Need Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aholibamah said:
How about using dominate as per an aboleth for the duergar?
Actually, the best solution I have found is some alternate options for psionic dominate in Hyperconscious: Explorations in Psionics from Malhavoc Press. It has rules for expending extra power points to make psionic dominate's duration permanent. :]

Bwah-ha-ha!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Another issue: One of the PCs allies is a dwarf with giantish blood in his (recent) family history. Thus, my plan is to make him a half-giant, but I don't want to use the half-troll template. Also, I don't want him to be a half-giant like in the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Now, I seem to remember that Savage Species has a half-giant race option in it that isn't tied to psionics, but I'd rather have a half-giant template that can be added on to the dwarf NPC.

Does anyone know of a d20 sourcebook with a half-giant template in it? Even a giant blooded template would be useful. Or does anyone have a half-giant template they've created?

Any help would be appreciated.

justinsluder

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Okay, here's the next thing I need. The PCs just stopped the Tree of Shackled Souls from opening the portal to Carceri. Howeve,r when they came up out of the Fiery Sanctum, I had them encounter a group of 50 soldiers and spellcasters working for the Matriarch of Mor's End.

Now, they had a deal with the Matriarch, but she never intended to keep her word. (I've decided to make her really evil in my campaign.) She had a powerful duergar psion alter the mind of one of the Order's allies. A frost giant named Shötte.

This domination effect made him completely forget who the PCs were, until the cleric cast miracle and freed his friend. They then plane shifted away to Celestia. (Note that in my campaign, magic and psionics are COMPLETELY different. Oil and water. They do not mix.) Psionics are very rare in my campaign.

Now, what I need is a 20-level duergar psion with the ability to completely dominate multiple opponents, permanently. I don't know the psionics rules as well as I'd like so I need some guidance on this one. I believe the best discipline to use in this case would be the Telepath concept, but I'm not sure. Plus, any prestige class suggestions would be good too.

39 of the soldiers are humans (75%) and half-duergars (25%) that will basically be Purple Dragon Knights, as per the FRCS, but completely EVIL. 4 of the spellcasters are warmages, and the other 6 are clerics of war. The PDKs should all be, at least, 15th-level. The warmages and clerics should be anywhere from 10th to 15th-level, but I'm thinking one of the clerics should be 20th-level.

Anyway, opinions and suggestions definitely needed!

Cheers!

KF72

Are there any specific variants you use? From Unearthed Arcana in particular?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
justinsluder said:
Are there any specific variants you use? From Unearthed Arcana in particular?
Actually, all of Unearthed Arcana is considered "wide open" for my campaign world.

justinsluder

First Post
Excellent!

I'll get to work on some of them. I'm thinking I'll tackle the Clr 20 you mentioned first, then maybe a couple PDK and a Warmage 12-15.

Gestalt okay?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
justinsluder said:
Excellent!

I'll get to work on some of them. I'm thinking I'll tackle the Clr 20 you mentioned first, then maybe a couple PDK and a Warmage 12-15.

Gestalt okay?
Umm, actualy I went ahead and did the deurgar psionicist already. I guess I should have mentioned that. (I'm not a big fan of Gestalt characters, BTW)

The PDKs would be great to get, as soon as you can. I have a game tomorrow and I'll need some bad guys. I'll likely do the leader of the Warmages, myself as a 15th-level character, so if you want to do some lower level ones then go ahead.

justinsluder

First Post
I hope you like the following.

Name? CR 15
Male human Fighter 10/Purple Dragon Knight1 5
LE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +5; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Common
AC 22 (+1 Dex, +6 +1 mithral breastplate, +3 +1 heavy steel shield, +2 ring of protection) touch 15, flat-footed 21
hp 147 (15d10 + 60)
Fort +17, Ref +7, Will +7
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 keen lance of charging +28 (3d8+42, 19-20/x3, plus 2d6) during a mounted charge or
+1 short sword +27 (2d6+18, 19-20/x2) during a mounted charge or
+1 short sword +25/+20/+15 (1d6+9, 19-20/x2) while mounted or
+1 short sword +24/+19/+14 (1d6+9, 19-20/x2) on foot
Ranged +1 composite (Str 18) longbow +17/+12/+7 (1d8+5, 120 ft., x3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with lance)
Base Atk +15; Grp +21
Atk Options fear, heroic shield, rallying cry
Special Actions final stand, inspire courage 2/day, oath of wrath
Abilities Str 22, Dex 13, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Feats Cavalry Charger1, Driving Attack2, Improved Initiative, Melee Weapon Mastery (piercing) 2, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Persuasive, Phalanx Fighting1, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge, Trample, Weapon Focus (lance), Weapon Specialization (lance)
Skills Bluff +1, Climb +5, Handle Animal +4, Intimidate +19, Jump +10, Listen +3, Ride +21, Spot +3, Swim +4
Possessions +1 keen lance of charging3, +1 short sword, +1 composite (Str 18) longbow, 50 Arrows, +1 mithral breastplate, +1 heavy steel shield, amulet of health +4, belt of giant strength +4, ring of protection +2, ring of sustenance, cloak of resistance +2

Nightmare Mount CR 5
Monster Manual 194
NE Large outsider (evil, extraplanar)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +12, Search +10, Spot +12
Languages Common
AC 28 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +13 natural, +4 collar of force armor) touch 15, flat-footed 26
hp 45 (6d8 + 18)
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +6
Speed 70 ft., fly 90 ft. (good); astral projection, etherealness
Melee Hoof +10 (1d8+5 plus 1d4 fire) or
2 Hooves +10 (1d8+5 plus 1d4 fire) and
Bite +5 (1d8+2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +6; Grp +15
Atk Options Smoke
Abilities Str 20, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 12
SQ flaming hooves
Feats Alertness, Improved Initiative, Run
Skills Concentration +12, Diplomacy +3, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (the planes) +10, Listen +12, Move Silently +11, Search +10, Sense Motive +10, Spot +12, Survival +10 (+12 on other planes and following tracks).
Possessions Collar of Force Armor +4, Horseshoes of Speed, Military Saddle of Strength +2
Flaming Hooves (Su): A blow from a nightmare’s hooves sets combustible materials alight.
Smoke (Su): During the excitement of battle, a nightmare snorts and neighs with rage. This snorting fills a 15-foot cone with a hot, sulfurous smoke that chokes and blinds opponents. Anyone in the cone must succeed on a DC 16 Fortitude save or take a –2 penalty on all attack and damage rolls until 1d6 minutes after leaving the cone. The cone lasts 1 round, and the nightmare uses it once as a free action during its turn each round. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Because of the smoke it gives off, a nightmare has concealment against creatures 5 feet away and total concealment against creatures 10 feet or farther away. The smoke does not obscure the nightmare’s vision at all.
Astral Projection and Etherealness (Su): These abilities function just like the spells of the same names (caster level 20th); a nightmare can use either at will.

1 Complete Warrior
2 Players Handbook 2
3 Magic Item Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases