Pathfinder 1E Possible additions to the review site (Paizo)

Glyfair

Explorer
I was considering reviewing Paizo's map packs & flip mats. However, I saw this post on another thread:
Morrus said:
I don't think it's an area we want to delve into - like miniatures and other accessories, the possibilities are too infinite for us to handle! Setting a precedent opens a hell of a floodgate!

Which seems to rule most of these out. Yet, we have reviews of WotC's Dungeon Tiles that are not any different at all in function.

So, I leave it up to you. If these can get added I'd be more than willing to review Paizo's Flip mats (I have City Square, Tavern & Ship) , map packs (Graveyard, Countryside, Campt Sites, Haunted Mansion, Village).

As well, if you could add the Critical Hit Deck and the Complete Encounters "Grove of the Mad Druid" & "Throne of the Gorilla King." I dobut there would be issues here since they are more traditional D&D products (with rules and everything ;) ).

Crothian

First Post
While it might open a floodgate I doubt we'd get more then a trickle of reviews. No reason people would review this stuff any more then they do the books. ;)

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
While it might open a floodgate I doubt we'd get more then a trickle of reviews. No reason people would review this stuff any more then they do the books. ;)

So, by that rationale we should just close down the review site? Why bother to review the D&D Dungeon Tiles then?

I accept the decision, just not the inconsistency.

BTW, do you remember the history of the review site layout? It used to have a really good layout, and moved to the layout it has now which just doesn't measure up.

Did code get lost permanently in one of the many board crashes?

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Well, it is not my choice to make. And I think it's a fine idea, I don't agree that it will open any floodgates. And the review site has problems with the code. We did have the whole thing crash a few years back and that's why it is like it is. I've been asking for some idea when things will get fixed for a while. I'm all for getting the site looking better and getting people to review more things. At this point I'd be happy to add ham sandwiches if I knew people would review them. :D

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
Well, it is not my choice to make. And I think it's a fine idea, I don't agree that it will open any floodgates.

No problem. I was itching to start writing some reviews and get into the habit of reviewing products (practice makes perfect). Now I think I'll just pass on it.

Good luck trying to get things going.

Remove ads