Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
Wasting no time at all Wally reaches for weapons takes off running into the darkness and quickly vanishes from sight.

Close behind, Jonas and Bruno make a break for the side of the cave to gain cover from the stones. "Leave the light in the middle so he aims for it" hisses Jonas.

Thea was a bit shocked by the sudden attack, but she had been a constable long enough that she wasn't frozen for long. She makes for the cave wall and then east getting ready for combat.

"Crap! I should have guessed we woke him up. Last time I let Wally rush me along against my better judgment..." Darius mutters under his breath as he breaks into a full sprint to the southeast. He wears his light source on his helmet so he can see where he's going. Darius knows it's a big risk, but he's counting on surprise and hoping to draw fire away from the rest of the party. After about 90' he sees towering figures loom out of the darkness ahead and to the right of him. He can just reach a grinning pair of Ogres with javelin's in hand. Stopping 5' out a brace of over-sized javelins (1d20+1=8, 1d20+1=4) come flying past him, but both go wide of the mark.

Following behind Raul pauses further out and considers his options as a boulder (1d20+11=30) smashes (1d8+12=15) the monk.

Moru rolls feebly, trying to push himself to his feet. One eye is swollen shut and blood runs down his face from what's clearly a broken nose. He squints with his good eye even as he tries to hobble into the darkness for cover, hand going instinctively to his spell pouch. He vanishes from sight.

Rahvin pulls out a dart, decides he doesn't like the range and moves off to find a dark place from which to attack.

The knight lowers his visor, and readies sword and shield as he moves away from the group. His voice then sounds throughout the cave. "Hear me now, varlet! An you have the courage to face a true knight, cease your cowardly attacks, and come meet me in honorable combat! Or are you a worthless craven?" He can't be sure at this point how his challenge was received.

Lumbering slowly into motion, SoulFetter breaks for the edge of the light in a different direction from Jonas and Bruno - angled to the side, but generally in the direction from whence the stones were thrown.

OOC: Actions for Round 2? I'll have a map up sometime this evening.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

OOC:

You didn't mention whether or not SoulFetter comes in sight of the critters - his initiative is slow, but he's not (he actually moves 2nd fastest in the party, I think). Since he moved in the direction the stones came from (generally) his LLV should allow him to see what he's up against.

xedr

First Post
Darius yells a loud ululating battle cry and steps in to engage his first ogre (who is his designated opponent for dodge purposes) with a mighty spinning swing-and-a-miss with his bastard sword. 1d20+6=9, 1d10+9=18 Undaunted, he taunts his opponents. [highlight]"Only sissies fight with javelins"[/highlight]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: What Language are you speaking, Darius?

Nevermind, I guess your audible GULPS! aren't really in any language, hehe!! :lol: :p

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Mowgli said:
OOC:

You didn't mention whether or not SoulFetter comes in sight of the critters - his initiative is slow, but he's not (he actually moves 2nd fastest in the party, I think). Since he moved in the direction the stones came from (generally) his LLV should allow him to see what he's up against.

OOC: Darius' Sunrod has illuminated 2 Ogres side by side with a Stone Giant 15' behind them. So far no other foes have been spotted. Since they are in an area of light everyone can see them.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter closes with one of the Ogres, wielding his Great Axe with deadly efficiency and grace.

As he steps up, his huge body (looking 'normal' next to the equally impressive ogers and childlike with the giant for a backdrop) is wreathed in orange flames.

[sblock=Combat Rolls]To Hit (1d20+9=27)
Damage (3d6+5=12)

Halo of Fire does 1d6 damage to any who hit SoulFetter with a melee attack.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
An exceedingly deep, booming, gravely voice says, "Sissies, eh? Come here and say that to my face, Pipsqueak! Or, rather, say it to my kneecap! haw haw haw haw"

The ogres join in a chorus of wheezy guffaws and mucus-sputtering.
"hee hee heeeeeeeee, oh, you sure told him bosss!"

Then SoulFetter cuts one ogre's laughter short with his flaming attack.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul HP 21/36 AC 18

Raul closes on the outside of the Orge that Darius is fighting and executes a flying front kick to the knee, causing the Orge to wince from the impact.

[sblock=OOC/rolls]Raul was about 30 feet behind Darius, so he should be able to close and attack this round with his 40 foot speed, drawing an AoO from the Ogre before his attack.

If Raul is still standing:

Raul's attack 17 Attack on Ogre (1d20+6=17)

Damage = 7 points damage on Ogre (1d8=7)

[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Okay, here's the map. Feel free to tell me your character is in the wrong place. Most of you didn't say how far you planned to move, so I made my best guess. Note that the pinkish area around Darius represents the bright range of his light, while there is shadowy illumination out another 30' in all directions. Other lights were dropped in the parties old location at approximately T9 so there is another large circle of light around that area too.

Attachments

• giant_cavern.xls
    15 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases