Constables of the 14th Ward

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

"Your desire to help is appreciated Bocehphus but I think our big friend requires more than a simple bandage, cant have him layed up with a high fever and an infection as it more than possible considering the sewers" Andrew says as he softly walks over to Soulfetter and places his hands over the wounds"

Cure light wounds
1d8-> [7] = (7)

Maeglin

First Post
“Careful with that manhole cover,” Rahvin says, studying the metallic lid closely. “Thaddeus may have conjured some sort of eldritch trap on it, to keep us from pursuing.”

With a practiced eye, the former spy looks around for signs of any inscribed runes, or out of place materials lying around the alley, which may represent residua of arcane spell components. Though not formally schooled in the arcane arts, he has learned much in his line of work.

“Someone tell Moru to inspect the area, please,” he says absently, totally focused on his own examination. “Ask him if he can sense the presence of active arcana, or if he can divine the location of our quarry.”

[sblock=actions] Presuming we are out of combat at present, Rahvin takes 20 to search for traps at the manhole cover area, for a total of 29, good enough to detect all magical traps up to spell level 4 (25+4). If we are still acting in combat rounds, let me know, so I can roll on search skill (1d20+9) for this purpose. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Helfdan said:
Alarion laugs as he turns to Bocephus. "So, my small friend. Did you witness this little party? See anything interesting?
"No, sir, I didn't. It was interesting watching you gentlemen work, but I arrived shortly after you got here. Say, Sir, you couldn't spot me a small advance could you? I might just have a hot date tonight," Bocephus nudges Alarion with a filthy elbow and gives him a conspiratorial wink, "if you know what I mean!!"

Helfdan

First Post
Leif said:
"No, sir, I didn't. It was interesting watching you gentlemen work, but I arrived shortly after you got here. Say, Sir, you couldn't spot me a small advance could you? I might just have a hot date tonight," Bocephus nudges Alarion with a filthy elbow and gives him a conspiratorial wink, "if you know what I mean!!"

"Please!" Alarion laughs, and digs a silver coin out of his pouch. "By Morwyn's mercy, If you refrain from giving me any details about your nocturnal activities, you can have this silver." He then turns serious. "But do see what you can find out about this Thaddeus Thornapple."

Lou

Explorer
Raul checks on Mary and daughter

Scotley said:
As Soulfetter takes his first few steps, his skin ripples, his stride lengthens . . . his massive frame bulges and becomes truly gigantic. Now nine and a half feet tall and weighing nearly 800 pounds, he swoops in and catches child under one gargantuan arm and mother under the other. Never slowing, he moves swiftly down the road and places the innocents in a convenient second story balcony before spinning to head back into the fray.
With the combat seemingly over for now, Raul will turn to the balcony where Mary and her daughter were placed by Soulfetter.
[sblock=query] Are Mary and her daughter still on the balcony? In the area? Spot check roll, if necessary, 1d20+8 -> [16,8] = (24)
If still here, Raul will move to them to check their wounds and health, and calm them if needed.
[/sblock]
[sblock=motive]Raul wants to know if Mary, or especially the daughter, saw anything in the alley that we may have missed.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
"Thank you, sir, but, like I told your wizard friend there when he checked on us, we're just fine," says Mary, smiling at Moru Sen. "We were just passing by when this happened, and saw no more than you did."

xedr

First Post
Having spotted nothing behind the grate and seeing that it is set in stone, Darius stows his bow and arrow and moves to the manhole cover, glancing under the stairs as he goes. [highlight]"Unless you guys see something suspicious, I'll get this open and see if Teddy is long gone. Y'all might want to stand back just in case."[/highlight]

[sblock=OOC]I don't want to get too far ahead if we're waiting for somebody to post, but this is what I think my next step will be. Most manhole covers have a hole or space for a hook. Darius will try to get a good grip and heave. Random die roll:1d20=2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
oops!

Darius doesn't get a very secure grip on the manhole cover, and it slips from his grasp before he lifts it more than a few inches. The always eager to help Bocephus immediately springs to his side and gives him an assist. The two of them get the manhole cover flipped out of the way.

"There ya go, Boss! Now hurry down there and get that perp!" says Bocephus.

Remove ads