Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
Wally Alphonsus

Wally looks half crushed and half angry when he says, "Hey!! Just because YOU'RE not gettin' any is no reason for me to stop trying!"

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

"Wally, 'tis your choice if you wish to romance the Lady Amalthea... but you WILL treat her with the respect due to a lady." Alarion's voice is low, but iron-clad, as he walks beside Darius.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter's bass rumble from the back ranks carries clearly -

"Perhaps he believes he is treating her with the respect due a lady - I suspect he is complimenting her, in his own - admittedly uncouth - way."

Leif

Adventurer
Wally Alphosus

Wally says no more, just lowers his head a bit and mumurs something softly and unintelligibly. Then, he points ahead to the south, the party having passed by the altar to the east, with it on your right hand. "This should be the right way, up ahead here."

Last edited:

xedr

First Post
Darius relents slightly. [highlight]"Sorry Wally - I'm just nervous about getting out of this exposed area. Let's move it along."[/highlight]

Leif

Adventurer
Wally Alphonsus

Wally does not meet Darius's gaze when he speaks to him, rather, he looks ahead, shrugs, and says, "Yes, I'm sure of it now, this is the proper way. Let us make a swift end to this business."

You pass through a door at the far side of the temple, and Wally is moving pretty quickly now. You walk for what feels like a mile or more, twisting and turning, climbing and descending stairs, passing through some areas that look as though no one has been here for many years. There is no lighting at all, and some stalactites and stalagmites are even beginning to grow from the limestone bricks. Finally, you pass through a very heavy door bound with corroded brass bands that is almost too stuck to pry open. SoulFetter, Darius, Alarion, Jonas, and Raul finally manage to get it to open.

On the other side of the door is a large brass plate emblazoned with a holy symbol of Meda. Beyond the door, you can see that you are no longer in worked tunnels, but once again in natural caverns. Wally is absoutely beaming! "See, I told you I'd find the way!! Come on, we're almost there, now!"

OOC: How's everybody doing back there?

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul

Leif said:
You walk for what feels like a mile or more, twisting and turning, climbing and descending stairs, passing through some areas that look as though no one has been here for many years. There is no lighting at all, and some stalactites and stalagmites are even beginning to grow from the limestone bricks. Finally, you pass through a very heavy door bound with corroded brass bands that is almost too stuck to pry open. Darius, Alarion, Jonas, and Raul finally manage to get it to open.

OOC: How's everybody doing back there?

Raul asks, "After that Sunday morning stroll, should we rest for a bit before we move on?" Raul pants slightly from the exertion.

OOC: Roughly how many branches did we pass/take along the way? If we lose Wally, are we doomed? :heh:

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Well, Raul, I was going to say that the aswer to your question is "probably," but, then I saw Jonas's astute observation. (Sorry, SF! ;) )

The door that you just pried back opens onto a sort of "landing" that protrudes from the wall of a large cavern. You are standing, perhaps resting is more accurate ;) , on the "landing" or ledge that is at the top of a natural staircase that leads slowly and gradually down to the cavern floor below. Raul, getting that door open was quite a job, so there is nothing "slight" about the exertion that was required. You all worked so hard that you even made Bruno tired! He is taking a break, lying on the cool stone floor of the ledge. The cavern extends further to the right and to the left than it does straight ahead, so you conclude that you have entered a passageway of some sortm that is of indeterminate origin, destination, depth, and length. Across the cavern from your present position, you see an area of extensive fungal growth that looks from here like some sort of mushroom farm. And you also hear the sound of running water that would seem to emanate from the same general area.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea had been mostly quiet during the journey- responding to Wally's comments would only encourage him, and her fellow constables had handled the matter well enough. Now, as they looked out across the underground wilderness ahead, she sighed. "So we've got to go down there, huh? Are we getting anywhere close to our destination, do you think? I've had enough mushrooms for one trip..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases